Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock224 View Post
    I've been using SA_WXR since it came out, it's worth the purchase but just be prepared for some pretty buggy software and limited if any support. I still use it all the time but I find I frequently have to re-start the program due to crashes and the wx depicted is often inaccurate. Still, better than nothing...

Greg
    Hi Greg,

I'll be using it with FS9 and AS6 - not FSX. Is the FS9 version stable? I don't know how people get away with poor support for payware.

I'll also be running it on a laptop via WideFS. pmGetWeather ran fine on it so I see no reason why this shouldn't either. The PM Boeing GC runs on another PC also connected to FS via WideFS.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos hermida View Post
    Hi Ray,

I am using it for about 6 months now and no crash of it yet. That's a great add on to use with PM Software.

Regards,

Carlos Hermida
    Hi Carlos,

That's encouraging, thanks.

Cheers.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey Ray.

All I can say is if you want a usable weather radar for PM then this is the way to go and it is cheap for that purpose. However if you do not use magenta and you just want a weather radar gauge then maybe look into Reality XP or other manufacturers of Weather radars.

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Hey Ray.

All I can say is if you want a usable weather radar for PM then this is the way to go and it is cheap for that purpose. However if you do not use magenta and you just want a weather radar gauge then maybe look into Reality XP or other manufacturers of Weather radars.

Trev
    Hi Trev,

I do use the PM Boeing suite so the gauge is important to me. I've just bought it and sent an email requesting a registration number. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long but the fact that there are unanswered messages on his forum going back a few weeks does concern me. Lets hope it works as intended.

Hopefully it won't come to writing to Simmarkets about lack of support.

Cheers.

Tim
    Hi Ray,

To me, the issue is the developers free time on another project at a different website and little time for his paying customers.

Tim

150+ Forum Groupie

I've been using SA_WXR for a while & have had no problems getting it working on PM's Airbus ND......it actually makes the flight more realistic...& is worth the money.....but yes, the support sucks.

Michael
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Ray,

To me, the issue is the developers free time on another project at a different website and little time for his paying customers.

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Do you know what the other website is? I sent an email last night and the documentation say's I should get a key within 24 hours. Still plenty of time to go but if I don't get a key in say 3 days then I will consider reporting the matter to SimMarkets. The software is unuseable until a key is received. I know it's not expensive software but that is irrelevant. If you pay for something then it should be supported in the timescale stated by the author.

Let's hope I'm not getting paranoid but I am concerned about his continued absence on his AOG forum.

Cheers.

Hi Michael,

Let's hope that once I have my key I don't need his support. By now compatibility with FS9 should be rock solid and any other issues I can come here for help.

It will be interesting to see if he announces any vesion for FSX and what the take up will be.

Cheers,

The big difference is, PM is using an weather satelite image which is a real life image and SA_WXR is using the actual FS weather situation. The program is using whatever weather is injected in FS, (default or for exemple ActiveSky)
    For me this looks better, but we also all know that in FS2004 the weather engine is not 100% a simulation of the reality.

I only needed once another product code (same systems as pm codes) and I received it in a day, after I sent the guy an emailmessage.

B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Proudfoot View Post
    Are there any users of SA-WXR out there? Is it better than pmGetWeather? Just looking for some views before I part with my hard-earned cash!
    I've used SA-WXR since it first came out. In fact I nagged Florian to do it when I saw his WX Gauge. It works with the weather actually set into FS, so it is more appropriate.

pmGetWeather won't be getting the weather data from the same place as FS or Active Sky downloads, so it won't always match what FS has actually got. It basically downloads a weather satellite graphic from someplace, not the METARs, so it can be more detailed, but I don't think that's an advantage if it doesn't match what FS has -- it just looks prettier.

Also, when I was trying pmGetWeather it used to hang regularly in a tight loop taking 100% of the CPU. This seemed to be something peculiar to my PCs (but it happened on three of them), as Enrico couldn't make it happen and I assume not many others reported it. I even got it to happen when Enrico was here once, but he couldn't work out wat was going on -- something deep in third party code I think, probably related to occasional faulty graphics. So I had to give it up even if I had preferred it.

Regards

Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast