Thread: Quad SLI questions .....
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM #1
Quad SLI questions .....
To be honest I am not an expert in hardware setup
Nevertheless, I will build a new PC in the next months just for FSX reasons. The setup I have in my mind is not important right now. What is important is to learn about SLI setup concerning FS9 and FSX.
From my understanding the quad SLI setup gives a boost to graphics and external visuals is where it is most important to us.
1. But 4 graphic card setup means 8 DVI outputs !!! Does this mean that 8 monitors can be connected at the same time ( !!!! ) ?
2. If #1 is YES, would it be possible to have theoreticaly 8 different resolutions ( !!!! ) ?
3. If #1 is YES, would a quad setup with an i7 processor and 8 GBs of RAM plus additional equipment be enough to handle a full home cockpit project ?
4. If #1 is NO, how many monitors could one have with quad sli setup ?
5. Has anyone this kind of graphic card setup so he or she can tell us something about it ?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the possibly stupid questions, but I am new to PC hardware setup. Here is a video I found in YouTube.
By phil744 in forum Where to Start Building a Home CockpitReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:50 PM
By Steve A in forum Westozy's Mechanical EngineeringReplies: 2Last Post: 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
By jongas in forum Off Site Articles For SaleReplies: 4Last Post: 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
By manhattan in forum Cockpit Outside VisualizationReplies: 7Last Post: 06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
By James Twomey in forum Where to Start Building a Home CockpitReplies: 12Last Post: 02-26-2007, 11:20 AM