Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help Please!!! FS2Phidgets 5.0.21

I lost ALL programming when I put another (new) Phidgets led64 advanced in today. I had been using FS2 Phidgets 4.3.15. So I decidded since all my programming was lost to upgrade to the new version 5.0.21 and installed it, taking the old version out. I went to the Phidgets website and downloaded the new drivers and library. All 4 led cards plus my TQ hidgets card are recognized....but....how do you assign each led and switch ? The old program was easy, you just placed your curser on assign, then opened the list of items to assign. I'm getting ready to pull out what hair I have left. I AM NOT a so called computer nerd, and already down in the dumps because I lost my assigned lights and switches. I have to start from scratch and the overhead alone has over 100 leds to program. Can anyone .....HELP...Please. Dave McKee

builder

Re: Help Please!!! FS2Phidgets 5.0.21

Let's try and unravel all the problems you have listed:
    (1) Lost programming (not sure what you mean by "programming" - do you mean fs2phidget settings?) when installing a new card with 4.3.15
    (2) Installed new version in attempt to fix (1).
    (3) Learning new version.

Let's focus on (1). What specifically occured? How much dabbling did you perform before deciding you had a lost cause? What version of phidgets.msi did you install? Is this version compatible with fs2phidgets 4.3.15? PhidgetLED Advanced was released by Phidgets Inc. after Fs2Phidgets 4.3.15 was released.

Upgrading to any version was a waste of time. No version of Fs2Phidgets supports PhidgetsLED Adavanced.
    Not yet.

Regards,
    Alan.
    Last edited by CocnutAir; 09-14-2010 at 02:46 AM.

75+ Posting Member

Alan: Thanking you first for your reply. I was using the 4.3.15 and I was unawrae that the Phidgetsled 64 advanced was not compatible. When I plugged it in and started the FS2 program up it started to show (list) the new card along with the others, then everything disappeared including showing the already assigned functions of the led's and TQ. As you know you can't purchase an old phidgets card since they started to make the advanced card, and I needed another one because I recently purchased the aft overheaad, and the slats indicator alone has 36 led's in it. I also uploaded the newest libraies, drivers directly from Phidgets because I thought that might br the problem. From your reply looks like I wasted my money on the new Phidgets card. As for time spent...ALL Sunday afternoon, my son, who knows more than I do about computer programming, finally said " I can't figure it out", and we both walked away form it to cool off. I only have Sat and Sun to play around with the sim. I am guessing I'll have to reinstall the old program 4.3.15 and reassign everything after disconnecting the new Phidgets led 54 advanced car...right? Anyway I agin want to "THANK-YOU" very MUCH for the response. You had helped mmy son in the past with sveral problems, and it's comforting to know there are folks like you that are king enough to help. All my best Dave McKee

builder

If I can coax a PhidgetLEd Advanced from Phidgets Inc I can add the new card.
    Of course, this has to be with the latest version of the Phidgets driver.
    This means I will need to re-test every phidget card fs2phidget already supports to ensure cards are 100% compatible with latest driver.
    That is a few weekend's work. Can only do this when I am next at home and not have anything else planned those weekends.
    Your original setttings should still be there. You did take a back-up before upgrading, right?
    How urgently do you want this?

75+ Posting Member

Unfortunately during the heat of being P.O.'d I just went in and uninstalled the 4.3.15 version and did NOT back-up anything. I appreciate everything your doing, and if you want me to send my card to you let me know. It is not critical that I have this right away, I am assumung that if I uninstall the new FS2phidgets program, and reinstall the old version it will work and allow me to reassign the ;ed's and TQ.....right?. I just want to be able to use what I've got. Thanks again for the effort, and reply. Dave

builder

Dave,

Here is what we can do. For now, make a back-up of what you have.
    Do not need your card for now. I can make a special updated version just for you that uses latest phidget driver.
    I won't make this available for general release (yet). Therefore, we don't have to be concerned about breaking functionality for other users. Will take me a few days.
    Will this work for you? If so, zip up the files in your Phigets/Cards/
    folder and email to me at alan@coconutair.com
    Regards,
    Alan

25+ Posting Member

Hi dave,

I have developped for my own user a program that interfaces PhidgetLED with FS. It is driven by a simple txt file containing lines like this one :
    OH_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT_FWD=536Bb0=LED03
    This mean that the bit 0 of offst 536B is assigned to led #3
    OH_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT_FWD is just the name I gave to this offset, but you may call them as you like.

Actually, the format of this file is very similar to SimAvionics FSUIPC.INI file.

This program do only one thing : to assign one led to an offset. So, if you need more than this (doing logic or calculations ...), it won't do it.

If you are interrested, I will be happy to share it with you.

Patrick.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Patrick,

I want to use phidgets led64 for the annunciators in level D 767 overhead panel. Will your program help me to do that ?

Fahmy,

25+ Posting Member

Hi Fahmy,

To be able to use this program, you need a list of all annunciators with an associated FSUIPC offset. I don't know if Level D 767 provides such a list.

Personnaly, I use it with SimAvionics suite that allows to associate an offset to any annunciator.

Patrick.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Patrick,

I believe this program can be of great help to me. lvld 767 simulator has its own offsets through FSCONV by Nico Kaan. FSCONV interfaces between FS and FSUIPC running real time in the background. I would be thankful if you give me a copy of your program.

Fahmy,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast