PDA

View Full Version : FS Flight Planner

Westozy
01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

Today I had a visit from fellow Computer Pilot magazine writer Bill Smith who gave me an excellent tip that I thought I should share. Some of you will know this one already but after 11 years of FS, this one came as quite a surprise to me!
When you have created a flight plan in FS, zoom in on the map where you see the red line indicating your flight path. You can grab the red line with your mouse and drag it to intersections or new waypoints, when you release the mouse, you can select the waypoint from a list that appears and click it directly onto the flightplan. It allows the easy creation of SIDs and Stars etc or alterations to the standard flightplan created by the FS program. I have never seen this documented before and it's quite easy to do it....go and have a play!!!

Gwyn

Michael Carter
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
You can also save more than one flight plan for the departure and arrival airports by adding the name of the procedure in the file name when it asks if you want to save this flight plan.

Nice not having to plan the same flights over and over for places you fly to regularly.

Bob Reed
01-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Well I have been FSing since the late 90's and I did not know this! Just goes to show ya... Can always learn something new!!

sas550
01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Tnx for the info. Does anyone know if there's a way to manually enter a fix in any other way than drag the line on the map? The reason I'm asking is because at times I would like to have my flightplan visible in FsEarth and I have no tool for convertion to *.pln