10+ Posting Member
    Leesburg, FL (USA)
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need help with Link2fs and Keyboard Encoder

Saw Jim's program a couple of weeks back. Went looking for Key2Mouse and re-discovered the Link2fs_mouse program. It took a few minutes - fortunately Jim had several examples in his docs - and I got it working. Sort of.

I have a Hagstrom KE-USB108 keyboard encoder. Using it with Flight Simulator X and having a ball.

Today I got the Link2fs program working just fine with my standard keyboard, but no joy in sending "data" from the keyboard encoder.
    i've tried about every permutation I can come up with but nothing seems to work.

I'm hoping I'm only missing something obvious!

UPDATE: If you're in the market for a great keyboard encoder and a superlative customer service - check out Hagstrom Electronics. They solved my problem in the blink of an eye and were very polite about it in the process.

The two-character sequence required in Link2fs_mouse need "delays" in between the char sending for the mouse function. Following Hagstrom's recommendation, I started with a 500msec delay between each keystroke. Didn't work. But it *did* work at 400msec delay in between each keystroke. Problem solved!

Art Burke
    Leesburg, FL
    Last edited by aburkefl; 03-30-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: question answered