Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

NEW STUFF for the MULTI

I see in a couple of threads there are some extractions and inputs that need to be added to the Multi ,,, well lets get them altogether and make a list so when I do an update they can all be included (if available).

I tend to focus on GA type aircraft and go up to dual engined anything.

So far I have ,,,

Extractions ,,,,
    AOA in fs9
    ADF1 bearing indicator needle extraction
    ADF2 bearing indicator needle extraction
    Nav1 bearing indicator needle extraction ??
    nav2 bearing indicator needle extraction
    Alternator Switch extraction???

Inputs ,,,
    VOR2_OBI_DEC Decrements the VOR 2 OBS setting
    VOR2_OBI_INC Increments the VOR 2 OBS setting
    VOR2_SET
    Glass cockpit buttons
    "Set" codes for Com1/sb, Com2/sb Nav1/sb and Nav2/sb

annunciator extracts (wish list!) ,,,,
    Left and Right Bleed Air Failure (if bleed air pressure falls below xxxpsi)
    Inverter #1 an #2 Failure
    Cabin Diff Pressure (if diff pressure exceeds xxxpsi)
    Cabin Altitude High (if cabin alt exceeds xxxft)
    Autopilot Trim Failure
    Autopilot Disconnect

OTHER STUFF ,,,
    Send a refresh trigger
    Program and card detection

They are probably not the right descriptions but it reminds me of what it is.

I am working at the moment on including LAN connections which may be released before the general update.

I haven't a clue as to when this general update will happen as at the moment I'm having "fun in the sun" (summer) but to be honest,, I keep chugging away at it. (LAN at the moment)

Sooo ,, if you spot something that should be included ,, just post it here and I may add it to the above list as time goes on.

If it all works out ,, for version 6 I'm hoping there will be 5 slots for serial and 2 slots for LAN's ,,, BUT the code for this thing is now just on 10,000 lines so I want to do it "properly" and not via quick hacks or I may "break" what we've got.
    So far I haven't even touched including some other extra's I have in mind.

Cheers ,, Jim

NOTE:
    This is a general upgrade and only pertains to normal in / out stuff for the default FSX or FS9 setup.
    Some add-on planes carry their own "systems" where some variables are not available thru simconnect.
    We're looking for things I may have overlooked ... ie the ADF heading. etc. etc.
    Once this update is behind us ,, we can add more options to cover a wider field.

Also... this is not the place to compare other boards, software etc ,,, we know what we've got so we just go forward from here.

p.s. Once this thread sinks into the endless pit of 'old' threads I might pin it.
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 03-07-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

Re: NEW STUFF for the MULTI

Jim,

I'm re familiarizing myself with Link2FSmulti and all the changes you've made since I last worked with it. Since then I've also purchased two new planes that use a lot of LVars outside of FSX so I started checking the first of them this evening.

First question, Is there an extraction that sense the alternator switch? I see two (Electrical Master Switch and Battery Master Switch) that are triggering when I flip the batter switch on the default FSX 172 but nothing, other than voltage and amperage values change when I flip the Alternator switch. Am I just missing something obvious?

Second question, with the aircraft that use a lot of LVars like my favorite new 172 from A2A Link2FSMulti seems not to be able to see the Battery Master the extraction always reads a 1 no matter which way I toggle the switch. IS there any way to deal with this? I wonder of I could write some lua code via FSUIPC to feed something back to FSX that Link2FS might be able to read???

Figured I ask both these questions here in case they influence your ongoing development.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

25+ Posting Member

Jim I downloaded your software and had a gander through it. You are doing a great job with it.

There is one thing, that I have noticed that you could do that would be a major update for everyone with the Arduino route for their sim, and that's being able to implement and map shift registers into your software. So basically you could use the SER, Latch, Clock to control an abundance of inputs and outputs for cockpit builders from just three pins using the right shift register IC's.

Just a thought for future planning your software if you ever decided to go down that route. Hope your enjoying the nice weather. It's not so great over here.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Hi Tom ,,, I was actually looking for shortcomings with extractions and inputs for the standard default stuff (FSX).
    Some add-on planes carry their own "system" and unless the planes maker lets the "internal" variables out thru simconnect then they are not available.

FSUIPC does cover a lot of those special variables but adding the ability to work with FSUIPC is not planed in this particular upgrade.

I suppose I should have mentioned that in the opening post ,, I will add it now ,, sorry.

Hi Hexpope ,,, you done well designing that type of add-on card ,, but in reality it's probably not a big step forward for the Arduino Guys.
    Once we have the ability to feed 5 Mega cards, we will have 340 in/out pins and even then we still have the capability to add more thru "piggy backing"

Could you please also edit out the references to those other cards and software as this is not the place to semi advertise them.
    If it were ,, then I could break loose and point out their weakness's and the Arduino strengths ,, I know I would win.

Thanks Guys ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

75+ Posting Member vikingsraven's Avatar

Jim;
    ready to open pandoras box then? how about a sticky topic which people can just drop in ideas?
    one for hardware the other for link2fs, we can then open that subject on the normal are to progess it?

Im looking into the switching code for the arduino at them mo, i may make a library for Keys once ive sussed it out.
    If it helps i have a spread sheet will all the simconnect commands on it,pm me if you want it. (Ask no questions hear no lies! )

Hey Jim!
    So many wishes, and no one asks what you want!! (what DO you want for Christmas?)
    I am looking forward to the next verson of Multi!
    So much hard work that you put into this, I just get bad conscience if I point out something I would like to see in the Multi.

I was thinking about a thing in relation to ADF bearing. I do not know what values ​​"Multi" will give me, if FSX eg only informs which vector you are on, I reckon there must be som data regarding the TO/FROM on the vector also?
    Life was hard, but then came Windows 7.
    Now we can fly! --------
    --------

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the off topic inquiry.

Though, you now have the wheels turning in my head and I may still have something for this thread after a bit of exploration. If I found a way to read those external variables and send some unique variable across simconnect would you be able to set up one or more "user definable" extractions? Perhaps like the Lights extraction where multiple states could be sent on a single extraction.

If this is still off topic for this thread or out of scope for this round of development please don't hesitate to let me know.

Again, thanks for all that you are doing !!!
    Tom G.

PS: Alternator Switch extraction???
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

25+ Posting Member

I wasn't advertising anything jim. I was just letting you know what can be done with only one card and gave you an idea about it regarding the arduino cards. I just told you the way I done it on another platform. I removed it for you anyway

Lol...

Hmmm, well, itīs possible I am blind...

Is in Link2FS the Outer Marker, Middle Marker, Inner Marker LED already integratet???

Thanks for this genias Programm!!!

CU Chris

Quote Originally Posted by fsxcockpit View Post
    Hmmm, well, itīs possible I am blind...

Is in Link2FS the Outer Marker, Middle Marker, Inner Marker LED already integratet???

Thanks for this genias Programm!!!

CU Chris
    In Link2fs Multi, it is the =V (Marker state) in the Nav/Com Radios block.
    Life was hard, but then came Windows 7.
    Now we can fly! --------
    --------

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast