300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lekseecon related: IOCP Client

Hi Nico,

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread, please feel free to move this. I posted a question in the I/O section of this forum about communicating with IOCP from within a C# application. I understand that you initially had an example program that uses C++. All the links to IOCPclient on the internet either point to .404's or to your own posts in which you mention removing it from the web

Would it be possible to still get a hold of the IOCP client? I understand that the code might be outdated and is not in C# but I am sure it will be enough to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew,

PS: my original question is here http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27013

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: Lekseecon related: IOCP Client

Hi Andrew,

I had removed it from my site because it's developed in MS Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express (free) in an earlier version of C++. It's on my to-do list to write a version in Visual Studio C++ 2013 in C++11. However, it works fine and it's a nice opportunity to play a little bit with the IOCP protocol, or to use it as a starting point for your own developments in C#.

You can download it from here (will remove it it a few days from now), but no support.

If you want to read more about Winsock Programming, this is a good starting point.

Best Regards from Delft
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 11-21-2013 at 05:38 PM.

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Hi Nico,

Thanks very much. I have downloaded it!

Thanks for the link on winsock programming, I had already bookmarked this page but was a little daunted by th whole Winsock thing.

I'm off to start playing with code!

Andrew

Smile Re: Lekseecon related: IOCP Client

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I had removed it from my site because it's developed in MS Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express (free) in an earlier version of C++. It's on my to-do list to write a version in Visual Studio C++ 2013 in C++11. However, it works fine and it's a nice opportunity to play a little bit with the IOCP protocol, or to use it as a starting point for your own developments in C#.

You can download it from here (will remove it it a few days from now), but no support.

If you want to read more about Winsock Programming, this is a good starting point.

Best Regards from Delft
    Nico

Hi Nico,

I have started to re-code my OCP4NGX interface with the new VS 2013 and the new P3Dv2 SDK. Doing so I need to have a look at the original IOCP Client code I got from you a few years ago that I modified to fit OCP4NGX. I can't find it anymore on my PC (I have had several re-installation the last year)
    Is it possible to get a download somewhere?

Do you intend to make the new C+11 based IOCP Client available for the community as freeware? Is it going to be done soon? Just wanted to know, as I believe your client coding will be more professional compared to my hobby-coding.

Happy NewYear

Roar Kristensen
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hello Roar
    Happy New Year too!, thx.

Download it from here (will remove it it a few days from now).
    You can convert it automatically to Visual Studio C++ 2013, it works (have tried it).

A clean version, using threads from C++11 is still on my TODO list. Like the Level-D guys always say, "when it is ready it is ready" ...

Regards,
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Hello Roar
    Happy New Year too!, thx.

Download it from here (will remove it it a few days from now).
    You can convert it automatically to Visual Studio C++ 2013, it works (have tried it).

A clean version, using threads from C++11 is still on my TODO list. Like the Level-D guys always say, "when it is ready it is ready" ...

Regards,
    Nico

Thanks, just reloaded again. Now it it time to rewrite and LEARN. I have found that rewriting existing programs is the best way to learn coding.

Roar

Roar
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)