75+ Posting Member vikingsraven's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lightbulb Idea for 360 deg gauges

Hi just had a thought, has anyone used a winch servo like the ones here Hobby king
    they have 2x left 360 rotation and 2 x right 360 rotation. Not got one yet but just throwing the idea out there!
    mark

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Idea for 360 deg gauges

It does not appear to have a position sensor but I could be wrong about that. Also I noticed in the feedback comments an RC car builder said it would not be good for steering applications because it did not have fine position control. For gauge applications fine position control is critical. I suspect either issue could be overcome by adding an external position sensor but that could also be done to a standard 360 continuous which costs a bit less.

I have an application where I need a mini servo with 320 degrees of rotation and position sensing but I haven't come up with a servo or a viable servo mod to do that. I am back to the drawing board looking at how to cram a pair of gears into a tiny space so I can use a standard 180 degree mini servo.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4