Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2fs MULTI Beta Testers test :)

Only at Mycockpit.Org can you get a task like this ,,, I finally got up to a stage that things are working and I've basically got sick,, sick,, sick of testing, testing, testing,, it seems to go on forever so I thought "Why not toss it out there so the Guys can play with it".

So here it is ,, "Link2fs Multi" that will just grow and grow with extra bits and pieces added as time goes on.

The first page ,,,

multipage1.jpg

To see all of them and download ,, look here ,,,,
    http://www.jimspage.co.nz/Link2fs_Multi.htm

(The above page is NOT available thru my website ,, only from this link)

There are No doc's with it ,, No PDE / INO ,, just the bare program with some demo sound files.
    At this stage it's meant for Guys that have played with my stuff before ,, at least until the thing is "settled".

So if your up to it ,,, download and try it out. Any bugs please report them on this thread and I'll keep this first post updated with progress on fixing them.

It's portable and can be run from a pendrive (It's NOT an install) but FSX need's to be on the computer when it starts.
    Because of the way it's packaged ,, when you click on the exe ,, it takes a second or two to actually appear. (Don't panic ,,, it's quite normal)

I've run it on XP and also Win7 (64 bit) ,, XP's fine and really fast (and I haven't yet tuned it for speed) but on Win7(64) it reacts slow with playing the sounds and some sounds it wont even play ???.. I'm still sorting that one out.

All in all ,, It's sort of a "Pre-Beta" release.

Have fun Guys ,,, Jim

Known bugs ,,,,
    8-Jan 12 Slow sound reaction on Win7(64)
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 01-08-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

2. Thanks GarCon, AK Mongo thanked for this post

Re: Link2fs MULTI Beta Testers test :)

Very Cool!!!!

I have a wake to go to tonight for a neighbor, but will try to download it and get started when I get home.

I have been waiting for this since I now have enough I/O planned to load up at least three Arduino cards.

Looking forward to it. I'll be sure to post any issues or feedback as things come up.

THANKS!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

Jim, I know not everything is working yet, but I wanted to check and see if the multi board capability should be active on Beta_1? I can connect to one card but the 2 and 3 appear grayed out. If they aren't yet working do you have an idea of when you might get that functionality on line?

No pressure, I fully understand. I'm just chomping at the bit waiting to test my rig with two cards.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

10+ Posting Member

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but this looks really good. Of course I have some questions and I'm sure the info will be out shortly. Thanks for all your work and willingness to share it for the rest of us(me and a couple others) who can't figure out how to create such a project. Thanks Liz!
    Regards, Lee
    We were meant to fly, even with a computer.

I've been away so a bit slow to come back to this Tom ,,, Yes there is only 1 comport going at the moment in fact everything that is going or not going is detailed in that web page (near the bottom) ,, although even in the "going" pages there are the occasional thing "greyed out".

My plan at this stage is to fix that Win7 problem where it wont play some chatter files and then consolidate the thing. During that time I'll throw some "starter" PDE's / INO's together if no-one else has by then.

For running multiple cards in the meantime ,, just run multiple copies of the "Multi" (in separate folders WITHOUT the sound stuff going) and it should work OK for you. It's not the best but it will keep you going until the multiple card one is out. And don't worry ,,, I want the multiple card one as well

Lee ,,, Thanks for the comments ,, I showed Liz your message and she laughed and wandered away ,,, not sure if that is good or bad
    Once we get some PDE's flying around for the Multi it will be a lot easier to fiddle with for your own needs so get ready for some more fun.

Cheers Guys ,,, Jim

Jim,

Thanks, I have likewise been pulled away for a few days. I had the chance the other night to fire it up and attempt to connect to my cards but did not get as far as doing any real testing. I am hoping to do so this afternoon if the day goes as planned. I'll be sure to post anything of interest.

Tom G.

10+ Posting Member

This is really funny... Just came onto here to suggest that Link2FS had some facility to link to multiple cards... and here it is. How weird is that.

Have to say that I only got an arduino to test Link2FS out and wasn't really planning on using it for my main sim... just as a testbed. But I am now thinking that I might just use this for my main one after all.

I did notice that you can run multiple instances of Link2FS_inOut and was actually planning on using that to drive multiple cards but as I don't HAVE multiple arduino cards atm I can't test. Could this work?

That's what I'm doing on my main sim ,, it works for me

Jim

10+ Posting Member

Have to say that this is going to save me a lot of money (that I haven't got) Jim. Looks like my ATR 72 is actually going to fly after all heh. I would choose an aircraft that uses custom gauges, dammit. But it is such a lovely looking aircraft.

25+ Posting Member

wow, here I was looking and playing with Link2FS and got all these wild idea's, if only I could be a [better] programmer and, have more time and then I find this... Great stuff Jim! I will be more than happy to test

edit: I have downloaded it and installed as per instructions. No problem there, it works if you have FSX installed.
    it crashed on my laptop where fsx was not installed. not sure if that is FSX related or not
    My system is core2 duo on 2 Mhz WIN 7 64-bit running FSX.

A quick test with my gearpanel code shows it works. I get the geardata and I can send the inputs back.

Great Idea to group the keydata!

All I had to change was to insert a check which group is sent and then check the next one for the data.
    its a lot slower though than Link2FSv4.
    If you want, I can send the testpde's to you or post it here? No worries, I am switching hardware soon, the Arduino Mega has been ordered
    I will test and explore it more soon.

Greetings and many thanks for this,
    Eric

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast