Thread: RPM issue

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

RPM issue

hello freinds
    im new in this community and i have read jimspage for making my own cockpit
    and i just find he used doble wipermotors with normally 40 RPM and a 1:24 gearbox
    which gives finally 1.67 RPM .i dont know if this is suitable RPM or it can be slow for
    simulate the movments?
    regards
    Hooshang

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: RPM issue

Yes those figures came from my website and were correct for the first motion sim I built.
    The speeds indicated is the slow rate and not the faster "get into it" modes that my later 2 sims had.

You need to read everything in my website because what I was going for is quite different to most of the other home-built cheap platforms out there.
    Follow the links from there as well.

There are 2 main types ,, 1 being (the most common) open to the outside and you end up with an "arcade ride" that throws you around more or less in tune with the visuals (plus some added effects) ,, the other type is fully enclosed and there is no outside reference at all and the motion is designed to "play with your middle ear" rather than to just move you around. The types I built are of the later and the actual movement is far slower.

Other things come into play here too ,, how long is the actuator arm ,,, distance from pivots etc etc.

Research is the name of the game here and then ponder your options.

Hope that helps ,,, Jim

As this thread has nothing to do with Arduino's it will be deleted shortly.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !