150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX C172 - removing the VC cockpit, leaving the prop

Hi,
    Hopefully somebody can help me. I am trying to remove all other C172 virtual cockpit parts exept the prop.

I have removed all gauge-files under panel.cfg but still there is the black line of panel visible. Can you advice how I could make this invisible / remove it without removing the prop.

Here's a picture about the current situation:
    musta_taulu.JPG

I Googled to a following thread:
    "Removing the VCockpitXX sections will only get rid of the gauges.

The only way you might get rid of the visual vc model and leave the prop would be to edit all the textures used for the vc panel to be transparent.

With FSX there's no need to 'hex edit' anything, since the VC is simply the seperate xxx_interior.mdl...

...simply edit the model.cfg file and comment out the interior entry to get rid of it entirely!"

Unfortunately this seems to remove the whole virtual cockpit and prop also.

Re: FSX C172 - removing the VC cockpit, leaving the prop

Almost there. We managed to make a virtual cockpit propeller only into C172 model. When imported to FSX via FSDS 3.5 the propeller is not moving. Any ideas? Must be something to do with the alpha channels /invisible rules.fsx2_sm.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello

Having the same problem as you Vectro. What about your project of making a propeller and maybe the wings?

In my experience, it's impossible to render a texture transparent if it is not set properly in the 3D model using the right properties for materials. I tried to add alpha channel (black) but except making the texture looks black, it did nothing for the transparency. It just worked for the already semi-transparent pieces to delete the reflection on the windshield.

But I'd like to be wrong. If someone knows how. Of course it would have been the best solution to keep a good looking propeller and wings.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBlackbird View Post
    Hello

Having the same problem as you Vectro. What about your project of making a propeller and maybe the wings?

In my experience, it's impossible to render a texture transparent if it is not set properly in the 3D model using the right properties for materials. I tried to add alpha channel (black) but except making the texture looks black, it did nothing for the transparency. It just worked for the already semi-transparent pieces to delete the reflection on the windshield.

But I'd like to be wrong. If someone knows how. Of course it would have been the best solution to keep a good looking propeller and wings.
    Hi,
    I have a working file for both, FS9 and also FSX.

Here's the FSX version, still under construction (old picture)

cessna_prop.jpg