Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Motivational dip

Pfew, the last two months I've had a motivational dip and did not spend a minute in my pit. I guess the task of doing a lot of wiring is getting to me and because I'm halfway between keyboard and hard wired switch, flying is still not fun. Too much moving around. And ofcourse doing this alone does not always help, I'm better working together on projects, share the fun, keep each other going.
    Guess the motivation will come back to me soon. Nice to get this off my chest.
    Any other exeperiences or tips.
    Kester Meijer
    http://www.mycockpit.nl - to see my cockpit construction
    Certified De-Ice Supervisor EHAM

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

A humble suggestion...

Yo Kezz!!

Can I suggest something... Turn your PC on get the neares Joystick you have available NO MAGENTA, NO PIT NO NOTHING just the COmputer the joystick and you, plce your plane in Meigs field go for touch and gos !! Just get the real fun back which is flying man!!

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Roberto

i hear you ekezz,i only started and i feel that my pit is getting the better of me ,and for the past few days i am in a battle with a subplyer of my new yoke and other stuff and its lost 500euros of goods and i am so mad with them they said i got them ,and to boot i was about to order the pm software and i've got to pay VAT

Bummer

Kevin thats a bummer, unbelievable!
    Didn't they track it?
    Kester Meijer
    http://www.mycockpit.nl - to see my cockpit construction
    Certified De-Ice Supervisor EHAM

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hi folks. The motivation dip is a huge problem in this hobby! We get so raped up in building that we forget what we are building for! I have made the sugestion many times to builders that when you feel in a slump.. Stop building and FLY!!! Like Roberto said.. Joystick and computer, nothing else! Once you have your cockpit flying, never make it so it is unflyable! The next thing is I think we tend to get in to a "I have to have this perfect" mode.... The first guy that gets in to my cockpit with a tape measure in his hand will be dead! We worry so much about is it just like the "real" thing? Have you looked at any real pictures lately? They have different colored panels in them, they have ware and tare on the paint, they are scratched up... I have a working MCP and ECIAS for my 737. When I am flying I do not pay any mind to what they look like! I turn the knobs and throw the switches without as much as a second look. The only time it matters to me what the thing looks like is when I am showing it to other people. And you know what? Most of them would not know where I "changed" things anyway! It all looks very complex to them. My point in all this is DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF WHY you are building this thing! YOu are building it to fly and if you lose interest in flying? Why bother? Besides I get most of my best ideas for the pit while I am flying it, in fact I have started keeping a notebook handy while I am flying to take notes of what I would like to change or add. Just my 2 cents......

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Very well put Bob!!!!

There are many times where I was ready to throw all my sim stuff into the lake and say "to **** with it" ..... but obviously that's not what I did.......

All I can add to Bob's statement is.... just take one step at a time and occasionally take a step back and look what you have you've accomplished. Look at where you've started and where you are now.... it's amazing what that'll do for the motivation.

I don't look at my A340 Web-site very often, but when I do, I look at those first pictures of my project, and I remember how excited I was when I built the frame work for my MIPS. Then I would look at my project... overall.... There were many exiting moments.... how easy it is to forget

Remember the good times

ekezz well the only thing i have is a bar code from the sender, i am sure it will turn up some where but not at my house for now there is other things i can be doing with the pit ,

MyCockpit Support Staff

Motivation

G'day all, Welcome Paul,

When I've had enough of the building process I change to drawing mode and spend the next few weeks designing and drawing the next parts. By the time I've refined and finalised the design, I'm keen to get back out to the workshop again to see a result. I recommend lots of planning and preparation to save frustration in the workshop. Remember the 7 P's Proper Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance! Sorry for the swearword Matt!

Gwyn