Thumbs up NEW Boeing Glass Cockpit

http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy Not sure...

It does look good, but where's the demo version so we can check it out and see if it is as good as the screenshot?

Plus, i find the following kind of worrying:

"Renewal costs after 1 year are subject to change without notice."

So, it's $59 for the PFD, probably similar for the ND, EICAS and CDU could be more. You end up somewhere around $200-$250, and no guarantee that the cost won't go up dramatically after the first year.

I smell a very smart business man, that wants to get as many people locked in and then put the price up.

Or, i could be totally wrong...

500+ This must be a daytime job

Ellie Upgrades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When this endeavor began about 5 years ago, we decided to go with a different pricing model. You can continue to use the software as long as you want, but to continue receiving upgrades after the initial purchase + 1 year, we do ask that customers renew their license.

I understand that the community is more or less used to one large investment with subsequent free support/upgrades for life, but it's not really a sustainable business model.
    A quote from somewhere else on this forum.

Anyway, you can use the software as long as you want. You only get free updates for just one year. If you want to get updates after , say 2 years, then you will have to pay the update fee.
    Thats quite a common business plan for software. Most software i use only gives me free updates within a version number (1.0, 1.1, 1.x) and when i upgrade to a higher version (2.x) i have to pay again. Theres even software where you have to pay a yearly license fee. (very common with pro software, for example solid edge)

We just got spoiled with PM and their lifetime free upgrades. There is not many doing that.

Anyway, you dont have to pay again for using the software, so when you are on a tight budget and dont need the upgrades there's nothing wrong.

I would like to see a demo though, and even more, the rest of the suite (nd, mcp, fmc). Just a pfd without the fmc logics behind it is not of much use and there are quite a few freeware alternatives doing just the same right now.

But this is a website to keep an eye on, with the people behind it in mind (ray and don), im sure we will see more interesting software in the future.

cant wait.

Stef

www.boeing737ng.com

I have purhcased from Ellie Systems and I beileive based on the product that i have that this is a good company and reading throught there forums which i have posted in they are very quick with responses and help. I have subscriptions to tother software which i have to pay a yearly licensing fee. so this approach is not uncommon. 200- 250 USD isnt bad for a startup cost when all of the other software is done.

I do agree that there should be a demo but maybe in the future there will be.
    Mike G.

25+ Posting Member

Aha, it all becomes clear now.

If you can continue using it after the first year, and only have to pay again if you want the latest version, then i am feeling much more positive. Just as long as it's not a yearly license fee, i am completely happy.

I mean't no disrespect to the developers at all. Don't take my comments the wrong way. I have a lot of respect for Don, if he's the FreeFD developer as i think he is, as that package rocks. If this new package goes further towards PM reality, then i will probably jump on the bandwagon.

I would still like to see a time limited full demo though, as that is the only way to really judge these packages. More than 15 minutes too, as that hardly gives time for startup, take off and climb to cruise level.

Right now i have FreeFD for my PFD, VasFMC for my ND (as i am using this for my CDU currently) and i am thinking of buying FSXpand for the Eicas, as i can't find anything that will do the 737-800 Eicas except for PM.

Will this new software be compatible with my CPFlight MCP that i have and the Engravity CDU i am planning on buying int the future?

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

Benja

So i went to check it out and am very interersted, but how much is it.. the web site said Pending? And can anyone help me with the conversion of euro's to dollars, I see comma's and dots and big numbers and am getting real confused.

25+ Posting Member

It's $59 USD, or $49 USD to upgrade, if you already have an older version.

Wow, what a difference from PM..(project magenta) why such a difference?not as many options?

25+ Posting Member

I am not sure, but the $59 USD is just for the PFD. I would expect additional charges for the ND, EICAS and CDU/FMS.

It's not as cheap as it first appears, but then again, it's definitely cheaper than PM. Although with PM you pay a big chunk of money and lifetime upgrades are free. With this, you pay when you buy it, and the upgrades are free for a year. After this, you need to pay for upgrades.

In the short term this is cheaper, but in the long term PM is probably cheaper.

I was also thinking that this would be cheap, but I guess in the long run PM would be cheaper even at the high price which the have now. This is what you get bei PM for 799 Euros, Project Magenta Boeing-Type Captain Side Glass Cockpit, EICAS, MCP and FMC, before the price went up it was only 399 Euros. That was cheap at the time, I wish if I was smart at that time and got the the entire package for around a 1000 Euros. But now it is to late.

Cheers Norbert

I am waiting for Cockpitware to get even better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast