Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    ...seriously consider going with 1 projector for the centre view, and 2 large flat-screens for the sides. This is a feasible and worthwhile option to consider. Some immersion would be lost, but considerable headaches would be saved.
    (my reply to that with this running thru my head as the dog licks my leg) I read something very similar time and time again, and I STILL adopted a Border Collie! Anyone who's ever lived with one or known someone with a BC dog, knows what Im talking about

Nic, Thanks again mate- what you have done and shown has been the inspiration for many Im sure. I guess just like I stated above, you can save considerable headache, but from my side of the fence (who's never been on your side of the fence) I see how a lot of hard work has resulted in an awesome visual system for a home Boeing 737 simulator. Just to encourage you, think about what most of us here are doing- we are building a dang aircraft in our garages, bedrooms, and shops! So, yes- headaches, but I just love your visual system and dont know if I could ever consider changing the plans from a 3 projector wrap around to a single projector/LCD side view.

Regardless, I will too one day understand the difficulties of what youve done so great, if I choose to go that route.

One question on an item that did throw me though- You mentioned that if possible, have the side views projected nearly 90 degrees to the forward visual? That's certainly strange sounding to me, can you elaborate please
    ?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    Hi Trev - thanks, I appreciate your comments.

I think I'm just an early adopter of the TH2GO who's been prepared to try some new things. There are others around who have/are trying similar things, and I encourage them to share their findings for the good of the community.

There are many of us who cannot afford more than a single display at this point... but you guys should still be fully engaged in discussions, otherwise it may seem that multi-display systems are the only legitimate way to go ... which is not the case.

Another thing I'd add... given what I know about space limitations now I'd seriously consider going with 1 projector for the centre view, and 2 large flat-screens for the sides. This is a feasible and worthwhile option to consider. Some immersion would be lost, but considerable headaches would be saved.
    I guess this would be a feasible option. I happen to have a 21" and a 19" CRT Hanging around, and I have considered attaching them to the Side Views. Guess I might have to consider this option. I would like to ask though, In order to get the side view, I can imagine the THTG works well with FL, F, FR Views, however If I want Left, F, and Right, I am not sure It would look right. I may need wideview computers, and as I am sure you are aware having 3 pc's that can run Flightsim in smooth operation, can be costly. I guess I will need to play with it.

For those of you looking for a good rear projection screen meterial that shows no projector hotspot, I have found that Vinyl shower curtain works best.

Trev - trick is if you zoom your 3 views out to around 0.45% in FS then the LEFT, FORWARD and RIGHT views actually stitch up well. We discovered this quite by accident.

Keep in mind that the left-forward and right-forward views are not 45 degree views, they are just extensions of the forward view further left and further right.

Eric - thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated. And guess what ... I have a cute border collie called "bella" ! so yeah ... I know what you mean.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12