75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Flap Sound reduction????

Have got my hands on and installed a Butt Kicker for my Flight Deck. It is great except when I go to use the flaps in FSX. The darn thing shakes my flight deck so bad that I think my LED’s are going to fall out of my overhead from the 9.2 Richter scale shaking!!! Does anybody remember how to or know how to reduce the sound settings for just the flaps?

Thanks,
    James

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

I have Aura basss shakers in my pilot's seat. They are AWESOME...and therefore I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have Aerosoft's AES services for a lot of my airports in fs2004... and the effect it adds for when the nosewheel is hitting those centerline lights....... the thumping under my butt is SO realistic feeling. As is the sudden silence / lack of sensation when the main wheels leave the runway. Or conversely, when they HIT the runway.

If nothing else go into the default sound recorder in Windows and reduce the volume of the individual flaps sound file you are using. It is a snap to do with that tool. Make a backup copy of the original of course. I edited mine and added a distinct low frequency "clunk" at the end..... it is not really designed to be very audible on the speakers... but with the Bass shakers... it gives the feel of the gear locking in place. Simple easy sound edits.

I have just about all of my aircraft's sound files custom "tuned" for volume and also stereo position when possible (see panning" command in the SDK) or tweeked like I mentioned above and so on.

best,

....................john

MyCockpit Support Staff

If you can email a copy of the actual sound file used to me, I can send you back a few copies with volumes at different levels to try out.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey James. Is the flaps sound file a wav file? If that is the case you can send it to westozy or me. or.... You can snatch a wav file editor and try reducing the volume in it yourself. There are a number out there that are free or let you use them long enough to fix your file. Need more info drop me a note.
    Bob Reed