Thread: lear-45 builder

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level learjet's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org lear-45 builder

hi my name is miguel and i am trying to get info on what to used and how to wired a throttle quadrant for a lear-45 airplane. i decided to buy phidgers software such as 8/8/8 card, servos and relays everything from phidget. is there any one outhere that can guide me on this project

thank you..

is not just about the lear-45,its how fast and high you can go...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi

Im guessing your the Miguel I got an email from you a few weeks ago and replied, but I never heard what you were wanting to discuss or learn. I am working on building the Lear 45 throttle at 1:1 currently and progress is good. I will be glad to share with you the info, or we can possibly build the internals for you at a good price. Just contact me via the same email you used previously. You can see the info yourself at: http://www.ar-aero.com/product_list....s&sub=Controls

Also, I read thru some of your other posts made previously asking about how to make a Learjet landing gear lever. Us Lear builders are in luck! I wanted to let you know that there is no landing gear 'lever' on the Learjet 45- it's a simple locking toggle switch that has to be pulled out (aft) to move from up to down and vice versa. I have already looked at some sites on the internet and have only found Honeywell switches that lock out like I need for this (imagine that-the company that makes the engines and avionics of the L45!). I will continue to look for locking OFF-ON toggles for this application, but I may just go with a non-locking toggle if I cant find one cheaper that $52.00! If you look at this picture here, you will see how it's just a flush-mounted toggle with a gear handle attached to the toggle bat: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0392645/L/
    Last edited by Tomlin; 07-31-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: because Im too hasty at times and I wanted to add some more info
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org