1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Some PMRJ ideas for other builders-RMU display

Here's the results of some findings after last night's testing of the PMRJ software, currently being employed for my Learjet 45 project.

Problem:

How will the avionics, and specifically, the RMUs, be displayed with the limited MIP space and on 3 monitors only?

Answer 1:

It has been suggested that 1 17" LCD be placed behind the MIP for both the Pilot and Co-Pilot sides, and 1 15" LCD in the center, rotated on its side for the RMUs.

How?:

My particular system ran PMRJ just fine and so I started 3 different instances and for the Left Side, I have the normal PFD/EICAS running and then on a seperate monitor I have 2 instances of the same software, but page F10 (the Radios/Standby gauges) showing only, running in windowed mode next to each other. This will allow two RMUs to show on 1 monitor, appearing as two with the bezels in place.

Answer 2:

This is a bit more obvious possibly. If you want two seperate RMUs in order to reduce the amt. of space used behind the MIP, just have the Pilot side PC use the 2nd video out to a small LCD monitor and run the 2nd instance on the small LCD showing the Radio software. Repeat for the Co-Pilot side.

Why would I post this? Simply because I was worried for far too long that Answer 1 above would not work since I actually never considered running multiple instances of PM software. Now that I know it works, and works well, Im happy and wanted to share it with others.

Best,
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Do you run 2 instances of PMRJ on one PC or on 2 PCs? Is it possible run it on one PC in windowed mode and place PFD,...etc as required on the screen?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gereta View Post
    Do you run 2 instances of PMRJ on one PC or on 2 PCs? Is it possible run it on one PC in windowed mode and place PFD,...etc as required on the screen?
    I run two instances of PMRJ on 1 machine, that being the PFD/EICAS in one window and the RMU screen in the smaller window. The 2nd machine runs the RMU in a smaller window and the ND/PFD in a larger window in the 2nd instance. This is for the Learjet 45.

Basically, 2 machines with two instances each, with each window showing what I need for the LJ45.

Yes, it's windowed and works just great. Do some searching for my name here and look for other PMRJ questions- other members here explain how to run two instances on one machine.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org