Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question FS9 Speedbrake auto deployment

Hello,
    for my setup it is necessary to deactivate the fs9 auto speedbrake deployment inside the default 737.
    Does anyone know how to...?
    Thanks
    Brian

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    for my setup it is necessary to deactivate the fs9 auto speedbrake deployment inside the default 737.
    Does anyone know how to...?
    FS9 does not automatically enable the speedbrake / spoilers. Unless of course you mean the Arming of the spoilers to activate at 100% on touchdown?

But for that to happen you have to Arm them first. It isn't automatic.

regards
    Pete

Hi Pete,
    thank you very much for answering quickly. In my cockpit the speedbrake lever is actuated by the Throttle lever angle, A/C on GRD, Reversers and armed condition set by the lever itself. The lever is driven by a DC motor.
    The auto deploy function provided by the fs9 interacts with my hardware setup. I am trying to solve this behavior deleting the fs9 auto deploy setup.
    Brian

Brian,
    Your initial post got duplicated somehow. I answered the other post, so I just copied my same reply here in case you don't see the other one

I think I may know where the problem lies here. I had lots of grief myself with the spoilers when I designed & built my 737 throttle assembly.

You must be using a potentiometer to manually deploy the spoilers in FS9 when in normal flight. When you land, you want the spoilers to deploy automatically, which FS9 will command if the spoilers are armed, the power is at idle setting and the wheels touch the ground. When you re-apply the power, you also want the spoilers to retract automatically.

And this is the problem. When the autothrottle is on, FS9 ignores any inputs from the throttle potentiometers. You can move the throttle handles all you want & nothing happens. But unlike the throttles, FS9 never ignores the input from the spoilers potentiometers. So, any physical movement of the spoilers sends signals to FS9 and FS9 itself is trying to activate the spoilers and they get into a tug of war.
    What was happening to me was that the spoiler handle would just go crazy & move back & forth wildly under certain conditions (I'm using a servo & Phidgets software & hardware to activate the servo.

Basically, FS9 is trying to set the spoiler position, which is moving the POT, but the POT is fed back into FS9 as a spoiler position and the two may not agree with each other. I solved my problem with a simple logic circuit which I designed, rather than trying to change the way FS9 works, which I think would be much harder (for me at least).

If you are interested I can post my logic circuit. It would need to be modified since you are using a DC motor rather than a servo, but I think the same idea could work for you too.

Maurice

builder

I had same problem as Maurice.
    I added functionality in FS2phidgets for FS2P to ignore pot inputs when servo is being driven and vica versa. i.e. mutual inhibition.

Works by assigning servo, sensor and a digital input (for optional cut out switch) to same virtual circuit.

Useless, but entertaining information:
    Your nervous system has same problem, and nature solves problem with inhibitory signals, which is why neurological problems sometimes manifest themselves as hand tremors or involuntary spasms.

Before I studied information technology, I tried medicine for a while. I feel much better now. Also tried drag racing, but I quit because I cannot run in high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    I had same problem as Maurice.
    I added functionality in FS2phidgets for FS2P to ignore pot inputs when servo is being driven and vica versa. i.e. mutual inhibition.

Works by assigning servo, sensor and a digital input (for optional cut out switch) to same virtual circuit.
    And why didn't you do that before I had to fight with this . You were probably too busy trying on high heels.

Maurice

builder

LOL.

I would not have come up with my software solution, despite my scant knowledge on neurology, without the inspiration of your pioneering work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    LOL.

I would not have come up with my software solution, despite my scant knowledge on neurology, without the inspiration of your pioneering work.
    Ahh! The cart before the horse I see

Maurice