Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by PaulEMB View Post
    Eric,

I am travelling right now, so dont have access to the sim - I remember a line in the RJ. ini file wich says type=.

With the CDU, you say type=DCU, otherwise with only PMRJ you need to make a text file - say Lear45.txt, and leave it in the PMRJ folder.

Then set type=Lear45

This file contains the settings for your aircraft. I attach my ERJ 145LR file- you can modify it to suit the Lear.

PMRJ looks here for settings, including flap positions.

I hope this helps.
    Hi, and thanks Paul. I DO have this file in there, but I never put it in there. When I d/l the PMRJ software, it was in there. I will state again: It DID show the flap settings on the flap box, but then all of a sudden they were missing. I will go and look in the specific section for the info, and then look for it and replace if missing.

Thanks and I appreciate any add. info!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Okay, I believe I have figured out the issue, but not how it happened.

THANKS to prompting me to check that ini file because now everything works. I have no idea how this occured, but evidently the default aircraft for the PMRJ software is the L45, but it could be the B737-not sure. Regardless, when I first started using the software, the 'flaps' window would show the changes from UP-8-20-40 but no 'tranisition' colour. Then, as posted previously, it just disapeared for no apparent reason.

I went in last night and looked at what I figured was the 'suspect' ini file which had all the data in it, and low and behold, it worked when I renamed it and made the change in CDU=***. What was messing me up with it all was that the ini file was named 'pmrjac'. So, I just renamed it L45, made the CDU change, and thank goodness, it worked marvelously. In fact, NOW it shows not only the position, but the transition colours when the flaps move from one position to the other.

Thanks again for helping out a PM newbie!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12