Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PMDG 747 and ProjectMagenta

Hello everybody. I am new here and have been flightsimming on a desktop PC for awhile and have decided to take the next step & build home cockpit. I have done many hours on the PMDG 747 queen of the skys and love the realism of it and want to expand on that. I dont have the knowhow or possibly the funds to build a fully blown simulator, but am going to embark on this project and find what solutions are possible. My first step is to run FS2004 all the scenery on a large screen and run all the cockpit displays on another machine or machines. I have been told Project Magenta will do the job but am not sure if all the displays will work on other machines using FCUIPC & Wideserver. The only thing I cant work out is if I have to use a standard 747, or if it will work with PMDG 747. I am completely new at this and dont know where to start. Any help would be great, and please if anyone has built a home cockpit arount the PMDG747 I would be eternally great full for some information. I also plan to use the Goflight range of products for switches, throttles, mcp etc & the flight engravity for the CDU whick interfaces with the PMDG 747.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hello and welcome. A number of good and complex questions. I will try to answer them. The PMDG is good software but very hard to interface to. The company keeps all there offsets secret to make more money from. That is there business it is there software. Now the 747 PMDG will not work with Project Magenta because they have there own autopilot system and the two pieces of software fight each other for control of the aircraft. With there 737 we are able to remove the panels and use the flight model but I was told that could not be done with the 747. This may have changed. On the plus side do a search on this web site for westozy, he has built the entire simulator running just one computer and the PMDG.
    Bob Reed

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Thanks for your info Bob, Really appreciate it. My next choice would be the Level D 767, do you know if the flight model is available to use with PM. If not I guess I can build my simulator around the 737NG. I have flown a fair few hours in the PMDG 747, but I guess learing the 737 wont be that much harder.
    Thanks again. It really does your dead in trying to find a starting point to get going ?

Regards
    Jarrod

25+ Posting Member

I am not sure but i happened to read somewhere that LevelD 767 is completely interfaceable even without PM...I mean it is very friendly to home cockpit builders...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whoispankaj View Post
    I am not sure but i happened to read somewhere that LevelD 767 is completely interfaceable even without PM...I mean it is very friendly to home cockpit builders...
    Yes this is true. If you do some research you will find that this software is very builder friendly!
    Bob Reed

I suggest you take a look at Nico Kaan's webste, http://home.planet.nl/~nwkaan/ . I think you will find everything you are looking for, about he LevelD 767 at least!

Regards,

Hans