Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I've just switched to the new PA A320, the FDE is superb - much more stable than anything else I've used before but all the problems still exist - they most certainly appear to be down to the software. Enrico has done loads of work in the past to improve the software. I'm sure when he has time again he will get it all working again. Will be great when the FMGC (MCDU & FCU) problems are sorted.

I'm using the latest AB beta builds, yes there are quite a few problems but they are less severe and have more functionality than some of the previous builds.
    Regards,
    Ben Hewitt
    AirBus Driver

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey Guys..

As promised, I have seen no bugs with the following builds (old Navdata)

MCP Build #410
    PFD/ND/EICAS Build #436
    PMSYSTEMS Build #107
    PM FMC Build#372

If you want me to actually Zip and Post my programs for Download, I can do that Just let me know.

Best regards,

Trev

75+ Posting Member

Hi Ben,

thanks for the update.

Did you put the pm ini file together yourself or reuse an existing pm one?

thanks,
    Ryan.

25+ Posting Member

Hi, this is my mail to PM Support:

"Hi, just some informations, i would like to know if you intend to continue to give us the updates or this service is ended. Because I saw that all is stopped at May and also the intermediate builds and now is July. Due that I continue to have problems with CDU and also little problems with CG (Boeing Type) and not only me but also many others , i start to worry because after that i spent many money to buy this product, this situation is not acceptable , with no messages, no newsletters, no nothing. Once there was one forum dedicated where each customer was sharing every problem happened and in the 80% of cases that was solved from other customers and also from that forum you can know many news for everything round about the simbuilder, and you what you did ? Eliminated…. This is not the way to lead the customers. If the support and the update services is one problem of costs for you, then you propose at yours many clients to pay one fee and you’ll see that all peoples (or most of them) will be very glad to do this because for them and also for me the important is that what we bought after works… now and in the future time. In most situations i saw in several forums that Enrico Schiratti told always that for the products updates doesn’t want take money, but my question is… doesn’t want because wants share his product with the community of simbuilders or because after he is forced to give us the updates ?.

With no bad intentions.... One customer disappointed..

Best Regards,
    Giuseppe Reda

P.S. Sorry for my english.
    "

And this is the replay:

"Hi, Updates are still available, we have given no indication anywhere that they are not – I am not really sure what you are reffering to… updates have been freely available for seven years or more….

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    """""

What do you think about this ????

Giuseppe Reda

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur67 View Post
    "

And this is the replay:

"Hi, Updates are still available, we have given no indication anywhere that they are not – I am not really sure what you are reffering to… updates have been freely available for seven years or more….

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    """""

What do you think about this ????

Giuseppe Reda
    It's obvious they don't want to talk about what is really going on. This is good or bad for us depending on what their plans are and what is really going on. Only time will tell I guess.

Maurice

Hi Trevor,

how about the CDU?
    Any "BUg Free" version??

Thanks

best rgds

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Hey Guys..

As promised, I have seen no bugs with the following builds (old Navdata)

MCP Build #410
    PFD/ND/EICAS Build #436
    PMSYSTEMS Build #107
    PM FMC Build#372

If you want me to actually Zip and Post my programs for Download, I can do that Just let me know.

Best regards,

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Hi Trevor,

how about the CDU?
    Any "BUg Free" version??
    Thanks
    best rgds
    Peter
    As everybody suspects, or is beginning to suspect, there is no such thing unless you are not using all of the CDU functionality (particularly VNAV & LNAV). That's what I think anyway and I would be thrilled to learn I'm wrong on this one.

Maurice

75+ Posting Member

Hi All,

I voiced my concerns to PM support regarding the A320 software. Jonathan explained that they are working on an A320 FTD as a platform to further test and enhance the airbus software. He said that for them this is a significant investment. Their ambition is to have it up and running by september I think and then maybe we will see some product improvements.

However, I pointed out to Jonathan that an A320 FTD was not necessary to investigate and fix the problems I reported (and I am sure that is the case for the issues that anyone else reported also).

So I am a little doubtful that this initiative will suddenly lead to our reported faults getting fixed. To be honest I don't really know.

Does anyone from PM read this forum? I think that it would be very wise of them to respond to the growing customer concerns over their product support. I wonder if they are aware that people are a bit disappointed with them (myself included). I for one would really appreciate more communication from them.

cheers,
    Ryan.

25+ Posting Member

Agree with what you have said Ryan, I fully appreciate all the time Enrico has put into the software for my specific bugs in the past (he has worked his a$$ off several times to fix problems) but I still am a little disappointed with the software as it is now. There are so many bugs with the Airbus software as it is now that using the software is not pleasurable to fly, it's a fight to stop the aircraft from crashing or stop it doing what it shouldn't. I really wish they would look into the MDCU and FCU probs.

BTW PM staff do read this forum and have read this thread.
    Regards,
    Ben Hewitt
    AirBus Driver

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Mycockpit.org

Regarding Airbus software, I wish I could be of help. Unfortunately my cockpit has not been in operation, almost a year now.

But, when it was, I had no serious PM, Airbus software issues, definitely not where the aircraft would crash. I've flown over a 1K hours in my A340 and PM software (including the MCDU), going from point A to B and so forth, without crashing. Beautiful auto-lands

So, I don't know what's happened over the past year to have such adverse effects.

Enrico is a perfectionist and proud of his work. I can't imagine if Enrico would know of serious problems with his software and not responding.

Damn, I've got to get my cockpit back together......

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast