Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by ryanf View Post
    The last contact I had with Enrico was about three weeks ago when I reported some problems.

He said he was on vacation but would look into it on return. Don't know how long he is on vacation for so that was why I was wondering if anyone else had heard from him.

I am using a released build for the PM Airbus FCU and it has some new bugs i.e. stuff that worked before does not any longer....

PM support (nor support for any commercial software [which is what this is]) should not rely on one person. That is unfair for both the paid customers and the person that has to support the software.

/Ryan.
    Well sounds like we are talking internal problems in the software. There is only one programmer for PM and sounds like that's what you are waiting for. Only the programmer can fix this sort of issue right wrong or indifferent that is why you wait for Enrico.
    Bob Reed

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Bob.

I'll sit tight! At least its good to know I am not the only one.

/Ryan.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hi guys. It is as I stated before. The Pro software IS the software we are using. The people using it do not care about the latest air arc or whatever it is called. They are teaching procedures and as long as there is data there that is all they need.... So they are still using the old stable software..
    Guys
    I know Enrico too and he IS a nice guy, besides I'm pretty shure he reads this forum. This being said...
    I already submitted the idea but will repeat.

Can't we figure out what the old stable software is.
    Can't we put it somewhere here where we can download it from
    Can't we revert the process and get back to flying while waiting for PM to sort things out.

HE WHO HAS A STABLE SETUP WITH OLD BUILDS SPEAKS LOUD AND CLEAR...

??????
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

Well I am running newer builds but I am still running the second beta navdata. The only issue I have is if I go to modify the rout I have to put the ac on hdg mode or it starts to turn back to the beginning of the route. Trevor, what are you running and what are your issues?
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frans View Post
    My dear Trev,

These guys are so right, surley your CDU is also not working as it should. We paid for this software. I find some people on this board are a bid afraid to speak there mind.
    Enrico is a very nice guy. I met him in Delft and on an other Sim meeting some years ago. But if our stuff is not working properly why should the pro stuff be working fine????
    I wrote Enrico on the subject but.... no answer yet.
    Come on guys,write to PM and let them know what you think.

Frans Spruit EHAM
    Frans, I hate to tell you, but Despite maybe a little outdated Navdata, My PM Software is working 100%. I am using a build that is over a year and a half old. I would give you the build numbers if I was at my house right now. I don't have any issues at all. Vnav, and Lnav work perfectly, and if I make changes to the RTE midstream everything responds well.

Don't know what to tell you other then, I don't upgrade my PM software just because a new release is out. (I wait for all you guys to Beta test it for me LOL)

Maurice, you are right. Hobby was first, then Commercial, however it is the commercial customers that Keep Enrico working on the software. Just think, If he were like "another company in the community" right now and dropped the hobyiest, where would that leave all of us. Better yet, What if he had decided to charge us for updates.

You all make valid points, I am just pointing out that If too many people complain, all that happens is convince him that (we as hobiests) are more of a pain then it is worth. I for one would hate to have support or updates cut-off when we spent so much money. (Look at SA_WXR) for example. Support sucks, and no response from emails. Can you imagine what would happen to all of us if that is what happened to PM. I would hate that.

Just my two cents boys, Take it or leave it. I just don't want to be cut off.

Trev

Well complaining is not always a bad thing as long as we do not get out of hand and so far that is not the case. We should be allowed to state how we feel without fear of reprisals (hmmm???) Anyway but if my kids start to complain or "wine" too much I shut them up! I do anyway. So just keep it in check do not get carried away. I can say I am a little disappointed in PM too without fear (I think I just did) but I also know that in the long run it will be fixed.So Trevor why don't we see about putting your builds up for others to test? Talk to you about it when you get home.
    Bob Reed

Tim
    For all the above reasons, I am looking forward to seeing what Ellie Systems will offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    For all the above reasons, I am looking forward to seeing what Ellie Systems will offer.
    Coming to a neighborhood near you soon!
    Bob Reed

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Frans, I hate to tell you, but Despite maybe a little outdated Navdata, My PM Software is working 100%. I am using a build that is over a year and a half old. I would give you the build numbers if I was at my house right now. I don't have any issues at all.

Trevor,
    at last someone happy!!!

You are the WISE man...tell us what you use ...

Great news..
    Cheers
    Jack
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

I was away from the PC last night, I will give you all my build numbers as soon as I get home from work today. However, like I said the Nav data would be a little out of date.

Trev

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast