Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I know I should have listened... mock ups are the way to go and now I find my instrument holes are too close to the edge of my monitor!!!

Grr, humbug, etc.

Well all is not lost as I got 3 panels made of 4mm MDF, so I have decided this one is the dry run. Once everything is mounted, panel MKII will be built. With all those small adjustments needed complete. Then mounted on the same frame, with the same interface HW.

I have started tracking this in a blog now as well, comments welcome as I bumble along.

http://gacockpit.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by magicaldr; 04-28-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling, all fingers and thumbs tonight...

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

Angry

Well the panel has reached the next stage with the goflight modules in place. Something I never got to with my poster based one as they were the wrong scale. I also have the hobbs meter in, and the instrument monitor mounts so I can drop in my flat screen any time.

Sadly I did not get the instruments working , for some reason the size of the instruments changes when I pull from the top outside monitor to the instrument monitor. Both monitors are running the same resolution, anyone with some advice before I trawl the web to find what I am doing wrong will be a friend for life.

Trying to use panel studio, just cant seem to get it to work, sniffle...
    Attached Images Attached Images

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Nice work so far.

I found the same problem when I did the panel for the 727 using panel studio.

You'll have to make them whatever size you need using FS Panel Studio and save them at that size. When you drag them or undock them from the home screen to the instrument screen they will then be the correct size.

If you can use panel studio on the monitor you will be displaying them on that will greatly reduce the frustration factor.

When I open the instrument panel for the 727 on the outside screen they are almost three times the size they are supposed to be because it's a 24" screen. After undocking the instrument panel and selecting "full screen" again they pop over to the instrument panel screen and are of the correct size and placement.

FS Panel Studio is a good program and it's possibilities are endless. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it, but it's pretty easy after that.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!