Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Thanos Picture [posted in screen shot gallery have a look see , Now that i know how to upload pic i'll do so with the rest

Hi Calvin, Great stuff,, you are now in the interesting stage ,,, believe me this stage (experimenting) never finish's and its great fun.

To answer your question about voltage and voltage drop etc....
    Thanos is correct and wiring and terminals must be up to and preferably exceed the "starting under heavy load" condition,, anyway you are getting that under control.

1/ ... Make sure you have the wires that go to the motor coming directly off the mosfets as in diagram Fig. 9 on page 5 of your instruction sheet. If you have wired them as in Fig 10 you will have, basically a resistor in the circuit and a real weak point that will blow up one day.

2/... You mentioned about the voltage drop across the K3072 ,,, that is right and there is nothing you can do about it ,,, The mosfet when driven flat out will only be "on" 90% of the time and it will depend on what it is driving and how you are measuring it, you will get slightly different results... This 90% is mentioned in page 4 ,, bottom right hand corner.

3/... The different speeds from clockwise to anticlockwise ,, yes reasonably common in wiper motors but can be over come by balance/weight shuffling or electrically by having another relay to change the speed output of the K3072 (Craig done this to get his 2 speeds .. have a gander at his circuit diagrams to spot it.) another way is to just put springs on it to help the weak side or dampen the quick side... another trick is to use (thru a relay) the slow winding on the wiper motor to try to balance the different speeds,,, be careful here though>>> positively identify the common on the wiper motor.
    If you get the wrong 2, then it draws a LOT of current and wont last long.

4/... Now the root of your problem !!! The voltage/speed of your setup .... Bring your voltage up to 18 DC and restrict the speed with the K3072's,, you will have far more power and you will be able to set the speed at what you want. A single wiper motor is "at its limit" with the weight it has to push around and of course you have the "voltage drop" across the K3072,, so all in all,, more "heebie geebies" are required and then control its speed.

Writing a book here !!! Hope this help Calvin ,,, get back if you need more.
    Keep fiddling ... cheers .... Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

150+ Forum Groupie

Once again credit where credit is due thanks guys will have a look see later this week ... Gotta Keep the little lady happy or my arse is grass sim or no sim if you get my drift LOL been pushing my luck here with the latest build blitz so its Chocolates and flowers time .... but as soon as pacified will be back in the hanger you guys made my day with your quick responses Brilliant stuff and food for thought

10+ Posting Member

Hey Calvin,

Ha...I'm totally with you on the "little lady happy" thing.

...pretty easy to get consumed in the sim stuff.

Yep....you always have to remember to also add those few items to your bill of materials part list every now and then. Might as well make it #3 and 4 on list.

- 12V 32 amp power supply
    - Fastening bolts
    - boquet of Flowers
    - box of chocolate covered cherrys
    - 12V DC gear motor and chain/cable assembly

- bearing assembly
    - Tension springs etc.

regards, Kyle

150+ Forum Groupie

Cheers Kyle gonna show her this post so she knows im normal LOL these things happen ..Dam forgot the cheeries D'oh

Motion

Hey Calvin, I am still alive and kicking, great work on the motion thing, your perseverance has paid off, now just enjoy your efforts!
    PS My website has been updated
    http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/cwarner/flightsim.htm

150+ Forum Groupie

Hiya Boyo :-)

Hi Craig been a while good buddy . still messing about with our babies she is getting there bit by bit . been working at making an enclosure to improve the immersion effect so picture due soon as always . Been checking out Jims new ideas and Thanos as well somewhere in all of this there is teh next generation of drive and controllers so a lot of background research and redesigning going on ( in My Head at Least ) Damm boy do ever do things in Half measures LOL:-0 great updates on your website Niccccccce . Xe motion software downloaded agaes ago but not moved any further cos was not sure of what interface card you used to link the actuators to the software . i hjave enough computers and bit around to run most of my wexperiments on different rigs but space is a Bugger and i dare not try to move back into the big house LOL ..Had alread Bought a Velleman K8055 USB kit and as luck would have it Jim is also doing some work based on that card so once again was in a good position to use another interfacing idea looking at the XE stuff this may well be the situation again so fingers crossed . Actuators still seem to be the main bug bear of my system but Roland has succesfully used Bungeies to Counteract balance and motor speed Problems so that may well be the way to Go . Glad your still at it Craig will e-mail ya soon Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12