Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The X-Plane simulator is Certified by FAA!!! and they sold less copies of it than FS series.

So why MS don't certify his simulator? Simple the flight model and the Engine itself is a total mess!

In FS you can fly a 747 with cessna wings! in Xplane it take account of Airfoil and simulate fluid (air) dinamycs from them!

But i think as a procedure only trainer MS can be certified....thats are only my toughts.

Bye!

I agree...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcutugno View Post
    The X-Plane simulator is Certified by FAA!!! and they sold less copies of it than FS series.

So why MS don't certify his simulator? Simple the flight model and the Engine itself is a total mess!

In FS you can fly a 747 with cessna wings! in Xplane it take account of Airfoil and simulate fluid (air) dinamycs from them!

But i think as a procedure only trainer MS can be certified....thats are only my toughts.

Bye!
    Hi

I totally disagree in all aspects of the above. The Xplane software/airfoil modeling is in my opinion very much hyped up. In theory if the Xplane software was so good, you would expect it's default Cessna to fly right. I realize that everyone's experience with software is different and it's all about perception, but again, if the Xplane software models flight based off of airfoil geometry you would hope that it's stock aircraft would perform. For me they didnt, and this was for an evaluation that was being conducted for a now-modified aviation product to hit the market in the future. The team (who is lead by a major brass head liner of the Coast Guard Aux. with over 6,000 hours in fixed-wing types) massively preffered MSFS9. That said, yes, MSFS does have some issues on the modeling side, but again, I really think it's perspective and in all fairness it's entirely possible that I could sit down to a sim running Xplane all decked out like a friday night date and love it.

Also, MS does realise their product is being used in the way that it is. We had our business developer contact their people and it was nothing but red tape and no definate answer as to the possiblity of a commercial license. To agree with some poster above, I am glad that MS has not defind everything down to the nth degree as well- it leaves some windows of oportunity open for some scenarios, albeit well thought out ones.

Dont forget that the FAA didnt come to Austin Meyer looking to certify Xplane- someone went to the FAA to have it certified. That process costs quite a bit of money in and of itself.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12