Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Overhead panel pb.

Hi Roberto!
    When aircraft is on the ground, all systems is Ok and aircraft powered by BAT's/APU only, what overhead pb's lights is on ?
    1. EXT PWR pb AVAIL light is illuminates green if external power plugged in and parameters are normal.
    And what about other pb.?
    Thanks a lot,
    Sergey

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

Hi Sergey,

Actually the only lights that are on on the overhead basically are the Apu, ON and Avail light, the Gen Fault Amber Lights and the Apu Bleed ON light if available as you saig the external power that in AVAIL or in ON... Remember the Airbus is a Dark cockpit configuration if no light means systems are working in AUTO if not normally you have lights for Systems OFF and Fault if something is not working... Also the Fuel Pumps if you are in the Gates they are in OFF!! Lighted white.

Take care,

Roberto

25+ Posting Member

Thanks, Roberto!
    When aircraft is in gate and powered by BAT 1/2:
    1) - On overhead of Wilco A320 amber FAULT lights Hyd. ENG 1/2 PUMP, BLUE ELEC PUMP, green AVAIL and all Fuel PUMP's pb.'s OFF lights is on only;

- On overhead of PSS A320 amber FAULT lights GEN 1/2 , PACK 1/2, green AVAIL and all Fuel PUMP's pb.'s OFF lights is on only;

What is corrects?

2)Can I switch on Wing/Eng Anti Ice pb.'s or it can be switch on but start work only when first Engine start.

3)What External light I can switch on with bat only?

4) Can
    Static inverter supply AC power to feed BLUE/Yellow ELEC PUMP when aircraft is on bat ?

Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by sergejv View Post
    Thanks, Roberto!
    When aircraft is in gate and powered by BAT 1/2:
    1) - On overhead of Wilco A320 amber FAULT lights Hyd. ENG 1/2 PUMP, BLUE ELEC PUMP, green AVAIL and all Fuel PUMP's pb.'s OFF lights is on only;

Ok If you are only battery powered you´ll see the avail light and basically all the light I mentioned before... Hydraulics are in automatic so I don´t understand why they are even mentioned... they should be in Lights off in their automatic configuration specially teh BLUE Hydraulic pump...

- On overhead of PSS A320 amber FAULT lights GEN 1/2 , PACK 1/2, green AVAIL and all Fuel PUMP's pb.'s OFF lights [FONT=Arial]is on only;
    `

Pack 1 and 2 should be on their normal lights off configuration unless they are turned OFF not sure why they appear off maybe when they developed the software it was standard operating procedure for certain airline is not on the books though... There are not many switches you have to press on the overhead from a dark cold cockpit cause most systems are in automatic or in other words Lights Out automatic configuration.

2)Can I switch on Wing/Eng Anti Ice pb.'s or it can be switch on but start work only when first Engine start.

The Wing/Eng Anti Ice works automatic unless it is too cold before the Engine 1 Start you put it to on so it heats the probes in Low If I recall correctly...

3)What External light I can switch on with bat only?

Deude Why so obsessed with Battery?? As soon as you get the battery start the Apu or put the External to On you only have 30 minutes or so In Battery power and you don´t want to drain that bitch...

4) Can
    Static inverter supply AC power to feed BLUE/Yellow ELEC PUMP when aircraft is on bat ?

Not sure about that... BUt still it is basically turned off in the automatic system you don´t need it on ground you normally use the Hydraulic Yellow system to operate any thing hydraulic...

Hope it helps.

Roberto

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    4) Can Static inverter supply AC power to feed BLUE/Yellow ELEC PUMP when aircraft is on bat ?
    Not sure about that... BUt still it is basically turned off in the automatic system you don´t need it on ground you normally use the Hydraulic Yellow system to operate any thing hydraulic...

Hope it helps.

Roberto
    a) Then, how Hydraulic Yellow system hydraulicaly powered on the ground with Bat only ?
    b) Can BLUE/Yellow ELEC PUMP work on the ground when Eng 1. and Eng 2. is off from :
    - BAT (through power inverter)???
    - APU or EXT PWR ???
    c) Can Yellow ELEC PUMP work in fly powered by AC from Emergence Generator when GEN 1/2 or (Eng 1/2). is fail??
    d) Can I move the Trim, Rudder, Flaps, Ailerons/Elevators with Engines off ?

Airbus

Dude,

a) You don´t operate any Hydraulic systems with the Batteries... Impossible the batteries are just to start the APU... Period... In an emergency electrical configuration when you only have batteries you deploy the Rat and that will drive you the emergency generator...

b)APU or Ext power I´m telling you the batteries won´t drive you anything...

c) Yes

d) No you cannot move them with the Engines off unless you pressurize in the maintenance panel the Hydraulics or you activate the Yellow Hydraulic pump that will enable hydraulics...

Regards,

Roberto

25+ Posting Member

Thanks, Roberto for your answers !
    Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    a) You don´t operate any Hydraulic systems with the Batteries... Impossible the batteries are just to start the APU... Period... In an emergency electrical configuration when you only have batteries you deploy the Rat and that will drive you the emergency generator...
    Yes, but during RAT and emergency generator start work (aprr. 8 sec) or if RAT fail, the batteries through power invertor supply power to ACC ESS BUSS. Hence the aircraft don't loss AC power to supply it to Electric Hydraulic pumps and to other systems.
    Roberto, I find answer. The power invertor supply power to ACC ESS BUS when the aircraft speed is above 50 knots only.
    Is this correct?

The Yellow and Blue Hydraulic pumps can work only if I have the APU or EXT PWR on.
    Is this correct?

Airbus

Dude...

Yellow and Blue work Hydraulic pumps only work with the APU the External too on the ground of course... Now on Electrical Emergency configuration when you loose all generators you basically start flying the plane with rudder and trim and the batteries start supplying certain systems not sure about the Hydraulics I think not... Then the Rat deploys and you get the emergency generator or you start the APU so you get your hydraulics through the Electrical pumps, and the green from the yellow with the PTU.

Roberto

25+ Posting Member

But if RAT and APU will not be started ?
    How long time I can use accumulators for flying?

Airbus

It doesn´t matter you are dead anyways..

Roberto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast