75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX SP1 issue, no flightplan showing in ND

Hello,

I have updated to FSX Sp1, and have also updated FSUIPC accordingly.
    When I create a flight plan in FS, I no longer see my light plan in the ND , Regional Jet software. Anybody else having this issue?

Polmer

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Thumbs up Fixing a 'complete' install of SP1

Here is a post from a different forum I frequent and it quite possibly will solve your problem.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:13 am Post subject:

Perhaps this is related to a faulty installation of SP1.

I noted last night doing an in-depth file check that not all my main files in the FSX folder had been update to the new file version:
    Now while I didn't expect that every file would be updated, it did get me to thinking... MS installers have tradtionally reported as `complete` an installation that isn't - if you remember back to the FS9.1 days, that installer often didn't replace the FS9.exe with the new version, yet concluded as `install completed`... same goes for earlier DX9 updates.

So, accepting the possibility that my `complete` SP1 installation may actually be no such thing I bit the bullet and decided to do a complete, fresh install of SP1, just to see if I had missed something... and remember, I had noted no problems with the SP1 on a Repair Install method!

I used the FSX INSTALLATION disk 1 to uninstall - this seeks out and removes ONLY default file names. I selecetd the option to NOT remove folders. At the end of the uninstall I STILL had my FSX folder, still had all my addons in all their sub-folders.
    I then manually removed ALL the save game and cfg entries from the ...\Applications Data\Microsoft\FSX folder and put them on another drive for safe keeping. I deleted the .cfg entries as no longer relevant.

I then reinstalled using the DVD's, nominating the same folder for the installation as before, defragged using the `quick` Consolidate method in Ultimate Defrag, then installed SP1.
    Finally I did a full File/Folder defrag run, then returned the saved flights back from whence they came. I re-booted and started FSX, making sure to use a familiar saved flight...

Result?
    Well, on my single-core rig the big surprise was that somewhere down the line SP1 must have missed restoring a default autogen file using the repair install method. I was seeing a heck of a lot more trees than I was in the earlier install for the same settings in the sim, on a saved flight where I know every tree, bush shrub and building intimately. FPS was the same, even accounting for the new tree numbers but empirically the smooooothness of the sim was even better.

Conclusion: PT at MS did not BS. ACES SP1 needs A1 FSX.

You know the expression: Your mileage may vary?
    Not this time.

Also note fresh install is not the aggravation it might be - YOU DO NOT LOSE your addon scenery and aircraft, no non-default files and folders are deleted when you remove the FSX installation using the method above. All my licensed airrcaft still fly just fine, after recognising the gauges again, and indeed the only aggravating factor is having to select the controls and re-assign assignment settings in the .cfg file. Two minutes, max.

Hope this helps.

Simon Evans

http://www.disktrix.com/UDTrials.htm
    Now if you copy your cfg file first to a safe place, then you wont even have to reassign your control settings, BUT its usually better to just recreate a new one.The best defragger and the one Simon mentions above is Ultimate Defrag by DiskTrix. Check it out.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Maybe this can help ?

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=55488

Ciao

Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

75+ Posting Member

Solution to the problem;

Got my flight plans to show up finally.
    Even though my flight plans folder was still showing as "shared", it seemed to not want to share after SP1 .

I simply unshared it. rebooted, set it up for sharing again and now flight plans are showing up again.

Thanks for all the tips as well!

Happy flying.

Polmer

Tim
    Hi Polmer,

I see you fixed the RJ fp problem. Mine was working earlier today and I just got the time to reply to your post.

Could you check one issue for me since you use the RJ?

I have noticed that some VORs do not show on the nav display when you change the range.

At KSPA, the SUG VOR is about 38 miles from the airport when in the 40 mile range. If I change to 80 miles, I no longer see the SUG VOR. It does not show at 160 miles either.

I'm using pmRJ build 84 and navdata 610.

Regards,

Richard

75+ Posting Member

Project Magenta

Hello Richard,

I tried your experiment and I have no issue picking up VOR SUG.
    I am using build 84 also. Nav data....not sure were to find out what Im using?

I have noticed similar issues myself though.
    In particular, I was trying out the VOXATX demo and using the tutorial flight.
    Something like epply to St. paul. PMRJ was not showing the VOR alive while FSX
    was showing it. Maybe Il have to go back and try that scenario again to see if it is still a issue.

Polmer

Tim
    Hi Polmer,

Ok, thanks. I sent a support email to PM.

Regards,

Richard

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

For the GC you have to have the navdata file loaded. There is a navdata file for the GC....
    Bob Reed

Tim
    Hi Bob,

Not sure if you are replying to my post but I'll answer anyway.

Yes, I do have navdata loaded in the pmRJ folder. I believe it is navdata 610. It may be the last one before the change to Navigraph or at least the last one posted to the PM Navdata page.

My problem is the SUG VOR will show up on one range setting but not others. I don't see how that would be a video card driver or hardware issue. Seems to me that it would be in the RJ software.

Anyway, I did send an email to PM. I'll wait for a reply.

I'll try the 704 test on the update page.

Regards,

Richard

Tim
    Received a reply from Enrico.

According to him, the SUG VOR is probably a low level VOR. To declutter the display, it is not displayed at higher range settings.

I did check and SUG VOR is indeed a low level VORTAC.

I guess that explains it but I still wonder since Polmer wrote that he does see it at the higher ranges.

Richard