Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

CDU Procedures bug?

Hi, i just flew the LICC rwy08 COBBA1L approach, that contain an ARC dme to rwy 08, my CDU flyed it very bad!

Latest navigraph cycle 703.

Can you guys try and confirm?

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Angry Cdu

Same here ,

It's just not good. Soon I will let you know what I really think of PM.

Frans EHAM

25+ Posting Member

I have problems flying most complex procedures using the Airbus package/MCDU. It seems incapable of doing anything accurately in terms of lateral and vertical navigation. It's like flying with the default aircraft/autopilot, no, infact it's worse! I went back to the LDS 767 tonight and wow it's nice to fly with a reliable aircraft again!!

I also have the problem of my flight plan dissapearing on the ND everytime I want to go direct somewhere, VNAV just not working, GC glass crashing with setmessages and a list of about 100 major problems . Enrico and the team have known of these probs since last November and no offence to them because I know they try, but the problems they have fixed have caused countless other problems with relating systems/logic.
    Regards,
    Ben Hewitt
    AirBus Driver

Hi,
    I reported all above bugs and many others items to support already.
    The total accuraty of the Boeing CDU route and navigation management presently seems to be very poor. I don't know what is happening these last month's but it looks as the problems are widely spread.
    According Bob, Enrico seems to rewrite the CDU source.
    Hope there will come some good news from support in the near futur, as it is very frustrating to use the CDU software presently.
    I feel it as a big pitty, that no direct communication with Enrico seems to be possible anymore. I remember with great happiness the days there was practically a daily interaction between Enrico and its customers on the companies support forum. I know he is a very hard working guy, but at least an auto-reply, to know that support have received you mailrequest, would be appreciated.
    B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

150+ Forum Groupie

If they are going to rewrite the CDU (i hope) it would better to inform customers about that!
    Keep us up to date can make a big difference, public relations is very important!

Less travel to fix the bugs would be nice too! I always see someone of PM is abroad
    Why going abroad? I think to sell the software, but do you sell bugged or not correct working software?

I wish Enrico will pop-up soon to communicate with us and with a solution!

Best wishes!

The almost last lifeline seems to be cut. Old PM forum is out of service now.

Just hope that this is not a bad omen. As far as I recall the aerosoft MCP 747 started to pull back in similar way.

Good luck to all of us

25+ Posting Member

May I ask - is this navigation problem due to the CDU or the FS autopilot?

I don't undestand..People like Trevor and Bill are hailing the fantastic performance, and you all find it terrible... how can experiences be so different? Did PM ever work properly in navigation department, or is this all a new thing? If so, can't it be easily fixed?

Having no support seems weird -- wouldn't this guy be able to check his email on the road? How come any other member of the PM team can't help?

25+ Posting Member

So, basically, did the LNAV ever work properly in the past? Is this software not doing what it said it does? Shouldn't there be some accountability from managment if the product is not functioning. In any other industry, if the product doesn't work, some kind of compensation is usually given.

I want to know: If i buy PM software, am i just buying into a project that may or may not ever work to specifications? Is it just one big experiment, because if it is, its one heck of an expensive gamble which isn't fair on users. The product should do what it says it does. It says it offers accurate CDU/LNAV, and then it doesn't..so what gives, I don't understand??

All this talk makes me soo nervous, especially since there is no one around to give support. I think it was a terrible move to close the old forum.

Again I ask -- why can't PM answer support questions even while travelling, don't they have e-mail on the road?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Again I will SAY!!!!!!! PM worked fine untill they started working on the CDU. Yes Lnav and VNav work. That is MCP not CDU. If you send questions and bug reports to support@projectmagenta.com they will answer. The PM crew does not hang out in this forum. I am using an older version of the CDU and my PM suit works fine. You seem to have a lot of fear about PM. My suggestion to you is NOT to buy it.
    Bob Reed

25+ Posting Member

Ok, LNAV doesn't fly the approach properly and that is the CDU in combination with the MCP (check original post and others) - don't think i don't know what LNAV is and how it works, because I do. There should be a notice/bulletin by the staff if such a problem is going to be expected with changes to the CDU - it seems they don't give out enough information.

Also, there is no other choice in home cockpit software so I probably will have to buy it. There is no fear, i just expect it to work like they say - I don't expect to be scammed. Also, no-one has answered these people's requests for a long time - they have a right to be worried.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast