Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The regional setting are in the start:settings:control panel.

My regional settings are:
    Windows 2000 SP4 - language: English
    regional settings: English
    keyboard: none

Aircraft type PMDG B737-700

I'm using an FDS CDU.
    Navdata is current Navigraph data.
    Lyle Kirgan
    B737NG SSTD Owner

Quote Originally Posted by BillTee View Post
    Hello Michel,

My keyboard is a standard "QWERTY" type, I've got to say that I don't understand "azerty".

Bill T.
    Hi Bill
    "azerty" is just the name of the keyboard layout, used in Belgium and France.

Regional settings you can find in :
    Control Panel/ regional language and settings /

See you
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

Hi Bob

Thanks for the addional info. You may be assurted that all the mentioned problems with the recent CDU software has been send to PM via the common known procedures and channels. I haven't got a reaction in the last weeks except from Jonanthan who informed me that Enrico was abroad. I imazine that present bugs aren't small ones and will need a lot of attention and efforts to fix them correctly.

I don't have very much experience with PM support the last year as my project was on a hold for personal reasons but in the past there was always a very quick action from Enrico's site. I'm a customer from the very beginning (more than 7 years) and I was always satisfied with the way we were helped.

Nevertheless it looks that a lot has changed this days and I'm very much surprised to hear that this forum is in fact not supported anymore by PM themselfs as this was a very good place of communication between the users and the developpers.
    As I said previously it looks very important to me to know if the problems in the software are related to your own system or if they are happening more commonly. The different answers are proving that these bugs are widely a big problem but that on the other hand also a group of people doesn't see this things happening. It is of course also very important to know if the proper procedures are followed.

I hope you can keep up to good work to provide this space to the community.

B. Rgds
    Michel

Hi Michel,

Ok, thank's for the steer to find out where "regional settings" was to be found.

Mine is English, most likely as you had suspected.

Best,

Bill T.

25+ Posting Member

As a potential user of PM software, all this is very disconcerting. Given the cost there should be no silly bugs like this, and there should be a prompt response by developers. I'm seriously worried about purchasing as it seems service has deteriorated according to several members here. I hope this will be resolved soon and I hope that the team isn't overworked or shortstaffed.

Later Edit:: Added: Please don't take this as a provocation; i'm just expressing my concern, echoing what other people were saying.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

You seem to have jumped to a new thread and start right out negative... I will not allow this one to escalate..... If you are that worried about it, do not buy it. You have made you concerns VERY much known now leave it alone.
    Bob Reed

25+ Posting Member

I don't know what you are talking about when you say I jumped out on the negative. The thread topic is about problems/bugs, so I couldn't be positive, sorry.
    As I stated, the problems concern me and I hope they will be fixed soon... Its difficult to pay so much for software that may have such faults and that don't seem to be getting resolved quickly. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I'm just expressing my feelings on the matter. There is no intention to cause an argument, if you believe so, you are greatly mistaken sir. I didn't realise it was prohibited to express ones concerns.. One of the users here has been expressing concern about the problems.. Why can't I be concerned too, is that a crime on these boards to share the concern? I'm dissapointed, I hope you can understand where I'm comming from. Why are you telling me to "leave it alone" when I'm just expressing a worried opinion - why are you being so truculent towards me sir? Do you not welcome newbies into your forum?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Ok I have let you express your concern. You are not a owner user yet so you really have no idea how it works, or even what PM is. So please talk about something positive for a while.
    Bob Reed

Hmm.. interesting. I'll cut straight to the chase and say that I hope this site remains independant of, and objective to, all hardware and software vendors ... including the ones that have a major presence at this site. From your reaction Bob I think this is questionable in regards to PM.

PM, like all vendors, are in the big wide internet world and know that user opinions about products, services and support are one of the most significant variables that impact their market profile and penetration. If it's good - great! - everyone hears about it, if it's not then its good that others get to know about it; and if a vendor wants to defend their products, services and support then they have every right to as well.

In short - asking questions and raising concerns is a natural, normal thing to do and should not be labelled as "negative" (unless the individual is being malicious of course). And people shouldn't have to buy a product before they can raise questions and concerns ... if that was true we'd all be broke and our houses bursting at the seams with junk.

My own opinion is that PM is good software, but users should not be beta testers unless they are asked to be. And internal testing should be catching these fairly obvious bugs before we do. Support has been good and prompt, altho a little short on detail sometimes.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

I think too it is very important that users can communicate here in complete neutrality and in full objectivity. When we can explain our problems and compare them with others, we can learn a lot from the answers. I like to thank Bob for given us this opportunity after PM discontinued their own forumservices.

When I reread this thread, I can see that some users are writing, "we have no problems", but when you go deeper into it, and talk about the way it is done, sometimes another result comes up.

Personally I 'm not in favor or against any software. For me it just has to do what it is suppose to do. When you pay for a product, you are supposed to get good value for your money. Personally I'm prepared to pay much higher prices for a good product which simulated everything correctly, than paying less money for a product which is only half working.
    We all know that Enrico is a very hard worker and is always trying to satisfy every one. He is not a one day bird too and has a lot of experience in the MSFS simulator world for years. This is very much appreciated, but I also try to stay with the facts. I compare what the system is suppose to do according the type manuals I like to simulate and here there is only one objective for me, it has to work as the manual says.

On the other hand, actually there isn't much of an alternate either, for people who try to build a full size cockpit. This market is of course much smaller than the worldwide single pc market.
    The accuracy of some FS addon's for singles pc's, is so high this days, that sometimes a lot of frustration is coming up, when we compare that with what is available for us . I'm aware it's all a matter of commercial value too. The demand of the market. When the PMDG B744 addon's could be completely and correctly interfaced with good hardware and implimented in a full size cockpit, well then also the professional world would have a very cheap solution for a good training device. The question is, if that is the goal of these software developpers too... or they prefer to have the opportunity to present other solutions to that market which is prepared to pay much higher prices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast