Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

TCAS for online flying not displaying

Hi, Please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong forum, however I have been going round in circles for the past couple of days trying to get my PM PFD to display on-line aircraft, when i disconnect from Vatsim and change the settings to input AI traffic in FSx it works fine, but when i connect and remove all the AI traffic i cant see any on-line traffic on my PFD. The radar in FSINN works fine and picks up all the traffic but what ever i do it just wont inject traffic in to my PFD. Do i need trafficinfo for this to work or AI Bridge?
    I am using FSINN with FSX, PFD is build 446

All the best
    Mark

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Afraid I can't help you with FSX problems, but I thought TCAS was all internal now in PM. We need someone else to chime in here.
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Bob,

It has been a while but I am trying to remember.... Right There is a little program called "AIBRIDGE" that you need to run in order to get Vatsim traffic on your PM ND. It is the same little thing you need to run in order to get Any online traffic to appear on any aircraft tcas in flightsim.

Download AI Bridge run it when you have connected to vatsim and away you go.

Best regards,

Trev

10+ Posting Member

HI Guys, Thanks for your input, A slight update, AIBridge does not work either in the format that comes with FSINN or its standalone counterpart, the problem seems to do with the way FSINN operates within FSX, thats what i do know, how to solve it remains a mystery for now. Is anyone else using FSX, FSINN and PM software that could tell me if theirs works? Please......

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Sorry I am not running FSX, I didn't know.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Have you asked at support@projectmagenta.com ? And I am pretty sure AIBridge is no longer needed as I am not running it in FS9 and I get VATSIM traffic no problem. What is FSINN I have not heard of this. Do you have FSUIPC loaded?
    Bob Reed

10+ Posting Member

HI BOB, FSINN is another Vatsim Client oposed to SB3, as i am running FSX SB3 is not compatible so im forced down the route of FSINN. As fo the asking support its not realy a PM problem but ill fire a mail off now. Thanks
    Mark.

10+ Posting Member

Found this on Peter's forum. Case closed then! Thanks Microsoft.....

fsflyer wrote:
    I have mentioned this in another forum, apparently this would be a better place to ask. I have been using FSUIPC, WideFS, and AiBridge in FS2004 to display multiplayer traffic, weather, and a number of networked applications. I have purchased FSUIPC4, WideFS7 for FSX, but nothing seems to work in Multiplayer. WideFS shows as connected, but no traffic shows up. I do not see myself or other multiplayer users in your Traffic utility, nor are there any other applications which work.

In FS2004 and before the only way Multiplayer (as opposed to AI) traffic showed in FSUIPC's TCAS tables was by something like AIBridge, or, I think, the later versions of Ivap and Squawkbox, injecting the data into those tables as well as injecting the multiplayer aircraft details themselves into FS via the published MP interface.

Without something actually providing the data on the MP aircraft, FSUIPC doesn't know about them. Its tables are populated by facilities in FS (and FSX in this case) to read details about AI aircraft.

As far as I'm aware, there is not yet an SDK for FSX multiplayer, which is certainly different to previous versions, so I don't know how it is possible that you are currently using add-on preograms which generate MP aircraft. However, if they can do it then they can certainly inject the details into FSUIPC4, because that interface I present has not changed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "but nothing seems to work in Multiplayer. WideFS shows as connected" -- WideFS really has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with multiplayer. In fact I've never done any programming for multiplayer at all. I know nothing about it.

Quote:
    Perhaps AiBridge needs updating.

Are you actually trying to use the FS2004 version of AIBridge? I wouldn't have thought that would work -- doesn't it depend upon the MP interface to FS? That is entirely different in FSX I think.

I have seen some statements that say that Microsoft will not be opening up Multiplayer for use in the way it has been used in the past. Aren't the Squawkbox and Ivap and FSInn writers having to program the aircraft injection for FSX via Simconnect, creating them effectively as AI aircraft? Take a look at the various websites and check the news. I've only looked at the FScopilot/FSinn site, and that seems to confirm this.

If that is true then all those "ex-MP" aircraft will show up through FSUIPC because they will look like AI aircraft. In fact they will mix with AI aircraft unless you turn the traffic right down on the sliders.

Let me know what you find out please. It isn't an area I can afford to spend much time on at the moment, too much else to do I'm afraid.
    Thanks.

Regards

Pete

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
    Found this on Peter's forum. Case closed then! Thanks Microsoft.....
    Er .. what do you mean by this? The stuff you quote merely implies that if FSInn or SB3 or whatever are working with FSX, then either they are injecting the additional aircraft as AI aircraft (instead of MP), or they have managed to solve the multiplayer puzzle without an FSX MP SDK.

In the former case, since FSUIPC4 receives, through SimConnect, data on all AI aircraft, these will automatically appear in the TCAS tables.

In the latter case, it is still up to the injecting program to use the FSUIPC interface provided to inject the MP aircraft data into those tables, as it was in FS2004 and FS2002. That interface is unchanged, as I said in the bits you quoted.

Do you actually SEE the other aircraft in FSX? Are they listed in the FSX Traffic Explorer? If so, are they AI or MP? Did you check?

I think you should be directing your questions to the FSInn or SB3 support folks rather than make assumptions like this.

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

HI Pete, That's why im not a programmer not enough intelligence, and no i didnt look. brain in gear, pause for thought then type.... Thanks and apologies, no offence intended.

All the best
    Mark

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast