Thread: Hey ak49er

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hey ak49er

Wow.. A helo and a Liner. Man you are a glutton for punishment! So what is the plan with the Hughy?
    Bob Reed

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Don't let Larry find out where you live..... WOW from me too

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Looking about, wondering what the two of you are goiong on about????

Did I miss something, or are you all having a one sided conversation?

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Hello

The liner is modeled after the 737-NG Series using MDF and reutilized hardware and freeware. All dimensions are a conglomeration of available dims from various authors on the net. For the Huey I have a really unique idea, I would like to model the starboard side MIP/ Controls for the "Super Cobra" including correct rudder pedals, lower bubble window view, Simulated FLIR Goggles, Cyclic and collective. While blending the port side MIP/Controls to represent a twin anything, most likely 737-NG, again with type similar controls, to include simulated HUD. I believe if I put the correct shape "eyebrow" on each forward window frame, I can force the interior perspective of a lower cabin, like found in a jetliner. All my routers, CRT's and CPU's are from salvage. The joysticks, cables , keyboard mouses, etc are from secondhand or used stores. I like to reutilize materials when I can, plus I'm cheap as well.

Administrator

Mycockpit.org Helicopter Sim

ak49er

I have been so behind on reading post and viewing the Gallery I missed the posting of the Huey pictures. Bob and Matt commented to me about it.

My first project was to be a Bell 206 however the parts I have are real Bell 204 Cyclic and Collective stick. I have a Bell 206 set of rudder pedals and was planning to make a helicopter sim. Problem was it would be a solo aircraft and would not be all that fun for others to fly if they have never flown a chopper before.

I used to be in the US Air Force as a Helicopter Flight Mechanic on the HH-1H (Bell 205) for many years. Really liked flying it. Have several hours of stick time during functional check-flights and in Arizona single pilot trips to pick up the Range Officer.

I still would like to build the helicopter just to keep in practice. I actually have more room for it than the B777 project.

I priced out what it would cost to build the B206 using Simkits gauges. I would have about 5K in it without a shell. I figured i could go farther with the 777. May just put together a single seat (have a new Huey jump seat) together with USB hardware and make it mobile.

Great to see the pictures you have posted as well as the 737. Wish I hard room and money to do both

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

That would really be something to complete. You'd have a ball with that!

I too, am looking at certain Sim-Kit gauges. They now have a gauge kit out that does not require a controller interface board. The USB controller is built-in to the instrument. It's PnP.

You still have to buy the servos though. But, it comes with every gauge face they have available and the kit allows you to build a 3" or 2" gauge.

I'm looking into this for the flap position indicators for my 727.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!