75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

0/16/16 board issue

Hi Matt and Alan,
    I have the 0/16/16 board and I realize it requires a power source for DC motors,fans
    and bulbs but to activate a toggle switch??? Does this board handle any digital in?
    like the 8/8/8 .
    Do I need to add a power supply so my toggle switches sends a command to FS?
    The board wasnt recognised at first beacause of the USB on the board. Its seems ok now..no lights on the board lit until I added a 4.8 battery to a switch.Just this one lit that was assigned and went on and off as I operated the switch.
    ok so far ..seems normal but it did not change anything..values..nothing in the Phidgets program.I assigned the ENGINE 1 FUEL LEVER . to the input of the 16/16/ board. and even tried the output...

Any insight on what I should be doing to get this to work?
    Should there be an added power supply for these simple commands? I am not running anything with amps draw here.
    Is there a way to have just 1 power source that feeds the whole board instead of
    multiple power packs?

Regards
    James

the 0/16/16 requires an outside pwoer source to make things work. I think it can handle 5-30v up to 2amps. I use a 200w computer pwoer supply and daisy chain the power line from switch to switch. In other words, all the 0/16/16 is, in actuality, is a computer controled ground. It does ok though. I like it. Any other questions about it, let me know.

75+ Posting Member

Thanks,
    I finally got it to work adding a 12v power supply and my fuel switches and reverse thrusters are working.
    But what gave me a big headache was lets say..

I assigned the fuel idle/cutoff switches for eng 1 and 2 on #'s 15 & 14 on the board.Values read ok
    The problem I had was that when switch 1 was operated... switch 2 also moved!

After awhile I decided to move switch 2 over to # 11 on the board and everything
    worked ok.

Now what happens is the "unassigned" (#14) slot next to # 15 is still showing a working value even though nothing is assigned to it !!
    Whats up with that? I lost a perfectly good slot and cant use it! It also happened
    to another slot further down But you know what I mean.
    I lost 2 slots that I cant use because they seem to activate in corrispondence with
    its neighboring slot.

Any suggestions?
    James

phidgets
    Hi James,

It sounds like the board is bad. Please send me an email at the regular site email address giving me your shipping address and I'll send out another one for you.

Matt