Skydvdan

Question Support for LED64?

I soldered 3 leds to the LED64 phidgets board and assigned them as gear position lights and then tried them in the sim but I got nothing. I then tested the lights on the digital outputs of my 8/8/8 board and the worked fine. Why wouldn't they work on the LED64 board? I thought that that was what the board was designed for. I also tried the leds as the inner marker, middle marker and outer marker lights and they didn't work. But on the 8/8/8 board again they work fine. Does the FSPhidget software support the LED64 board? DAN

phidgets

Led64

Hi Dan,

Yes the LED 64 is supported of course. This could be from 1 of 2 possible things I think.

Either you found a bug or maybe 1 or more LED's are wired wrong. Alan should ring in with his opinion on the possibility of a bug when he sees your post. There is a small diagram which shows how to wire the LED's on this page here:

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/docu/docu...hidgetLED%2064

A typical LED has an anode (+ side) and cathode (- side). Sometimes the cathode is indicated by a flat spot on the rim of the base of the LED. You can also determine the polarity of the leads by their length. The longer lead is the Anode side, and the short one is the Cathode side.

Double check to make sure your LED's are wired right. If they are we'll check for a bug and get it fixe up. Alan's working on the roll over to a text file for data storage currently.

Matt

Skydvdan
    I just tried it again and it's definately soldered right. Still nothing though. Please pass this forward. Thanks.

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Skydvdan
    I just tried it again and it's definately soldered right. Still nothing though. Please pass this forward. Thanks.
    I did the very same experiment with the very same result.
    Would be nice to get it work.

Andras

phidgets

Bug

Hi Guys,

Good news.

Okay, Alan has confirmed that there was/is a bug. He has already addressed it and the next release will have it fixed.

Matt

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by phidgets
    Okay, Alan has confirmed that there was/is a bug. He has already addressed it and the next release will have it fixed.Matt
    Matt,

Great news, thanks.

Not pushing, just asking: when is the new version expected?
    Days? Weeks? Just roughly.

regards
    Andras

phidgets

Eta

He hasn't said. My guess is within 2 weeks. But I wouldn't swear my mother on it

Matt

Skydvdan
    I'm glad to hear that it's a bug. Also glad to be able to say that I've contributed to the process. I'm hear to help!!!

alandyer
    The folks at PM brought this bug to my attention.
    It has now been corrected. Folks at PM very kindly checked out fix for me.
    This will be incorporated in new version to be released in the next week or two.

Skydvdan
    That's great news Alan. I can't wait for the new version. Thank you for all the work you've put into this for all of us.