Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Yall. I'm in

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up Hi Yall. I'm in

I admit it. I'm bitten by the simpit-i-tess

I'm very impressed with all of you. Your work is beautiful and some are incredibale. I've benn thinking of this for a while know and after finding this site and seeing what you guys have done here,I got all exited again.
    Thank you to Westozy for sending me some great ideas and hope I can pick everbodies brain for ways to accomplish my goal of having nice pit to enjoy .

Ok. Lets get down to buisness. I'm having our local print shop print out a cpoy of the 737 MIP I recieved from MR nice guy Westozy.

Next, I would like to stat on my platform. What size should I go with. I need to be able to build it in my garage and then transport it to my basement. I have a full door from the out side of my house in the basement so I'll be able to bring it in side ways from outdoors. I have some tools but not for working with steel, so wood will have to do for the platform.

I really like the way you have your control collom done Westozy. I'm wondering what behind your wheel, where it's attached to the pvc pipe. Whats behind the wheel a polly?

I going to have to find and easy way to make my rudder peddals and linkage!

Anyways. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and thks Mike.
    What a great place you have here

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hi Mike and welcome! Yes there are some incredible builders here! WestOzy's work is supper! If you need rudder pedals I would use his design as well. It is simple but very effective. Looks like you are doing the 737? Are you going to do it the same way he is? Never be afraid to ask questions, that is what this site is all about!
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Mike,

Great to see you here! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Check back often, even though you may not be at a particular point in your build, read as much as you can. I found the best solution is read, read, and read. Oh, and and look at pictures

Regards,

Trev

Oh and by the way. Your Right...... Westozy does rock!

MyCockpit Support Staff

Cheers guys for the encouraging support!

Radar,
    My pedals - http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/s...cat=547&page=3

Yes, my yoke has a small pulley at the top and two small pulleys at the bottom and both yokes are linked with 2mm stainless steel wire and a tensioner, (turnbuckle), my roll potentiometer attaches to the movement of this wire. Check out the underfloor shot of my sim in my gallery pics.

Watch out for my first cockpit building article due to be published in the JUNE issue of Computer Pilot magazine. Yee ha - I got the job!

Regards Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Thumbs up

Glad to hear you got it!!! Congratulations!
    Bob Reed

Just got back in from work. ARRR. man I hate winter. I can't dance to fat to fly and don't have a ski-doo,so I will build a 737cockpit

WOW! Westozy. I'm glad for you. By the looks of the work you do,and the passion you have it looks like they got the right man for the job

I look at some of the stuff you guys do using simple things like wood, little piece of steel and noobs and it just blows me away.

Westozy. Can you tell me the dimentions of your platform. I'm going to start that tomorrow. Hight X lenth X with. Please.and is this http://www.piengineering.com/custom/xkmatrix.php $ 69.00CAD $ $76.00aud. Is it the same as a simboard. I hope I'm note a pain. You guys got me all exited about this.

I'm sitting here and just realized that there is 12 difference between Canada and Australia. Man, I getting ready for bed and your having lunch

THKS Mike

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Mike,
    My sim frame is 1450mm wide and 1500mm long, nearly a square and it sits on 4 shopping trolley type castors.

X-keys are cheaper but much more limiting I think than Sim-Boards. Many interface components boast 'non-matrix' as a positive feature. I believe matrix devices can be prone to "ghosting" issues, but I'm not sure if this is a problem with X-keys. I think that interface cards, cpu's and projectors are items that shouldn't be compromised on for a reliable good result.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Wish I knew you Gwyn, before I purched my interfaces!

LOL, I feel like you did when you bought that Wilco A320 software

Trev

Thanks Westozy.

Would 152.4mm for it's hight be ok for clearing all the nessecery hardware that runs the yoke and ruder peddles?

Ok on the X-key. i'll be careful with that.

Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Mike,

My floor thickness is about 150mm and there is plenty of clearance for the moving parts even with the castors removed so you shouldn't have any problems.

I would suggest you add a "Matrox Triple-head2go" to your PC set up, this will divide the display from your reasonably quick video card in to three monitors, 3072 x 768 resolution. It costs about US$400. You could then move the PMDG Att. Nav. & Eicas to monitors 2 & 3 and the feed to monitor 1 to your projector. Alternatively you can feed to three front monitors for a wrap around forward view. This is a good choice to keep your sim on one PC if that's what you want to do.

See - http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gx...th2go/home.php

Trev - re the A320, thanks for reminding everyone about that little foopar! Onya MATE!

Gwyn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast