Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFD ND freezing

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PFD ND freezing

Hello! I updated my simulator from fsx to p3d, also jehell from 47.4 to 53.2. With the new version PFD and ND dont run well anymore on the client computer. They are freezing all the time. The client computer (for Captian) is pretty old, core2dou 6400 (2,1Ghz), 2gb Ram, Radeon HD5700 but on old version everything run well and smooth. It runs FCU, EWD, SD, Stby_asi, Stby_horizon and PFD and ND on 2 screens Could it be that the system has to be more powerfull now since the update on 53.2? thank you, Didi

Re: PFD ND freezing

Hi, do you have WX Radar active and use ASP3D OB3 ?
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

10+ Posting Member

Hi! I dont use WX Radar, at least i think so i diddnt acticate it. Could it be, that it runs in the background, uses resources and i didnt see it?

If i remeber well the WS is active by default. Many addons (aircraft) using WX radar in combination with ASP3D OpenBeta 3 have problems like you.In any case i have similar client pc and tonight i'll have a flight and i can try if i have same problems
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

10+ Posting Member

I dont have any addons in P3d, its a fresh installation, only one airport. But the cpu usage of Jehell 53.2 on the client computer ist extremely high, also when its not connectet to the server. Compare the CPU usage of 53.2 (77%-87% without connection) with 47.4 (5% running idle without connection). So when i run the 53.2 conected with simulator the CPU usage is 100%, thats why its freezing all the time. Thats also the reason why i dont think that problem is caused by WX Radar. (i turned WX off, diddnt change anything)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Didi, i think your suspicion that your PC is limited out is hard but true. My PFD, ND for CPT and FO plus the EWD and SD are running on a client separate from the FMGS Server and from P3D main PC. This client is an I5 8680k wich is not the weakest and i use a GTX960 GPU. My Processor is at arround 80 % when Jeehell is running so especially the graphical part of the suite for the PFD and especially the ND is quite demanding. JL has mentioned that in his installation manual too. But honestly the "only" 2 gigs of RAM seems to be the main bottleneck. It´s rarely the case, that applications stop their work or freeze because of the processor load of 100 %. Because of the way a processor physically works this should not happen, except the processor is overclocked or the voltage is not correct set. If an app freezes or crash it´s most likely happens if the RAM is overloaded. May you have the luck to find additional RAM somewhere in your desk so you could try to upgrade the RAM to 4 gigs at least better 8.
    P3D V5 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA

10+ Posting Member

Hello bbruechmann. thank you for your answer. I also fear, that the system became to weak, but im a bit surpised, because on the old version everything ran smooth. And now the CPU Usage raised from 5% in idle to 90% in idle? Wow If i am upgrading this client, do you think i can keep the graphic card? its rather old too, but i think the main problem is the cpu. The RAM isnt the main problem i think, there is allways about 50% left/unused (as you can see on the picture). The PFD and ND dont really crash, the just work really really slow- updating all 20 - 30 seconds. When i close all other apps (stby_instruments, SD) and only start fcu, ND, SD and EWD, then its a bit better, cpu is only at 95% to 97%

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

You have a lot of graphical apps running at the same time.Some internal architecture has changed since the very old b47.Why it takes so much power though is weird. A detailed CPU use for each process could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by didi21at View Post
    The RAM isnt the main problem i think, there is allways about 50% left/unused (as you can see on the picture)
    Well, the issue with that is that your 50 % of RAM does mean, it´s only 1 gig left, which is very Little in a Windows Environment. Look, usual Desktop PC, for low Level Office work should have at least 4 GB of RAM better 8. This is because Windows as OS Needs a lot RAM itself and this applies for WIN 7 as for WIN 10 even more. If the RAM is too Little, Windows tries to cope with this by Outsourcing some minor processes to a Cache which is Memory space on the harddrive. But because the cachstreaming via the harddrive is enormous slower than via the RAM the whole System gets very slow and unstable. The golden rule on case of Memory is that the only thing which is better than a lot of Memory is just more Memory. This applies especially for RAM and VRAM These days. Look, if you have a 4 gigs of RAM which is quite Little today, and thr RAM is used by 50 %, this weould mean you have 2 gigs left for free, what is just the double of what you have. Anyway, don´t get me wrong but your´re also Right, that you whole System seem to be weak. This applies to the processor aswell as for the RAM and for the GPU. But i think that Jeehell graphic engine relies more on the power of the processor then on a GPU. If you use an up-to-date multicore processor, lets say an I5 with OnBoard GPU it will handle the PFD etc. already better. What i mean is you should spent more on a faster processor and more RAM rather than on a GPU, for the Jeehell FMGS. (the wrath of Jean-Luc shall hit me if i´am lying…)
    P3D V5 - PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, M2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA

10+ Posting Member

PFD and ND are the most "CPU hungry" parts, as you see on the pictures. The top 2 are PFD and ND, on the picture with 92% CPU usage. The second picture is when those 2 are closed- then i have 10% CPU usage. I think i will divide the 2 screens onto 2 computers. I have another old core2dou here, so i dont need to buy a stronger computer for the 2 screens. I just need another graphic card, because on the second computer it doesnt show the fonts on EWD and SD. I think that is because of the old graphic card and driver?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast