10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org JeeHell - Autopilot, FD and A/THR does not work

Hello community
    I’m to getting to this forum because of a big problem I have in my sim. I already invested a huge amount of time to try to fix, unfortunately without success, so I’m pretty close to frustration…

First of all, I had a very good running system based on P3DV4.5 and JeeHell FMGS 52.2 before – I was very happy with the JeeHell solution!

Than my big mistake: Just bought Aerosoft’s new Geneva airport scenery and installed it. Unfortunately without a full backup before – OK, it is just an airport scenery… BIG MISTAKE to trust in that! The result: P3D destroyed, does not start up anymore. Already here it took me a lot of time to bring at least the sim back working. But as normally, one accident never comes alone, FMGS did no longer work in the sim.

After many hours I am now back, that all the screens and all my FDS hardware is back working as well in FMGS.

So after new flight preparation in MCDU, a taxi to the runway and a successful take off than the big surprise: Activating the AP has no effect, A/THR does not manage the set speed, setting the levers to CLMB brings no thrust reduction and the FD does not react to the displayed flight path on the ND. When I push the buttons on the FCU, the are reacting, the light is switching on/off, but there is just no function behind in the aircraft…
    Tried to reinstall from B50.2 up to B52.4, everywhere the same behavior.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be? Would be very thankful for every small tip! In my desperation I’m really thinking about a complete, new setup of the machine, but for that at least I would like to know, where JeeHell is saving all my I/O card configurations, because all this has already been done and I do not want to reconfigure each single switch of my hw in OHD, MIP, Pedestal and Glare…

And for those who want to give me the tip, to make a backup before each single change on the system or not to touch a running system, thanks, I already got this by myself, so that tip would be obsolete, learned a lot about that!

But for every other hint I would be very thankful! Many thanks in advance to everybody who tries to help with ideas here!!!

Best Regards
    Joerg

Re: JeeHell - Autopilot, FD and A/THR does not work

What IO Cards do you use? Have you done a complete new install of everything to solve your problem? Is the SimPatcher shown in "AddOns" Menu in P3Dv4?

10+ Posting Member

Hey capt_pero
    Thx for your quick reply! Just went to my sim to test it out! You were right, SimPatcher was not visible in P3D, so I looked how to install in manually and I did it, now I have the SimPatcher B52.3 in the AddOn menu (but I installed 52.4...). But anyway, no changes on the AP, FD and A/THR behaviour.

As I/O Cards I have all FDS Cards, a 64/128, a 128/256 and a 128/128 Card. Additionally a FCU with the G3.

About your question of installing: No, I it did not complete new, due to I'm afraid that I loose all the card configs. So I just reset the P3D config (to bring it back running, found that as well in the web) and than just started the FMGS setup to the already existing directory.

As I wrote, if I do not get a solution, I must reinstall everything, but would be great just to export all the card config to Reimport it into FMGS after done the new installation. Same for all the screen configs Do you have an idea, where I can find that? Or even a better idea how to fix the issue? Somehow I think it must be a small thing in the settings, guess the bit thing will be to find out what…
    Anyway, thx for sharing my pains!

Best Regards
    Joerg

Hi Jörg,

sounds too bad. As I am not familiar with this kind of cards: have you installed the right "Hardware modules" during the FMGS Installation?

Have a look here:
    A320FMGS\Hardware Modules

I would not reinstall the whole PC as it should be an easy root cause.

Are both MCDUs running with the same IO Cards? Where do you configure the link between IO-Card Input and FMGS Input. Please have a look here if the right Input Signals are connected to the right FMGS Inputs.

Regards,
    Peter

10+ Posting Member

Hey Peter

Thx for your reply! Honestly saying I do not think, that the problem has to do with the IO card settings, because all inputs I do arrive in them sim, for example all switches from OHD do their action. As well inputs from FCU (e.g. speed changes) are visible as well in the PFD in the speed tape. The plane just does not react to it. The MCDU's are both FDS devices connected via USB, so stand alone and work as well. All the card inputs are configured in the IITcreator_v2 from Jeehell and I see the modules there.

More and more I think, the problem is located somewere in the P3D config, because in the past all was working and troubles started after installing a new scenery and than P3D did no longer start up. So I had to reset the P3D config (with "delete generated files") and I lost as well all add on's. So I'm afraid that task did as well some things deep in the sim config were I just did not expect. In the meantime I found the config files with all my settings, so I guess I will save them and clean the P3D setup and reinstall it. Will keep you updated. But anyway, thanks again for your help!!!

Best Regards and a happy 2020!!!
    Joerg

Let's see. I don't think so. As the only config file that could be affected is "SimObjects.cfg" and "dll.xml" which contains the SimPatcher.dll and path to the FMGS SimObjects.

Reinstalling the whole sim is a mess. All the best!

10+ Posting Member

Hey PeterSorry, it's a long time ago but finally I just want to let you know the result of my big sim desaster... Additional hours and days of investigating did not bring a result so finally I really reinstalled all, including Win10. All went very quick through and cross fingers, reusing all the done HW config of the I/O cards was not a problem, JeeHell is here pretty well developed! (All thanks to JL!!!). So the full reinstallation was finally much much quicker than all the time I invested before to try to fix. So I'm "back in business" and I'm very happy. But anyway, thanks as well to you that you were participating my pains!!! Appreciate that very much!!! By the way, after all that, also airport Geneva works very well, but I was really wondering, that very short after the release they already brought V1.01... Maybe I was not the only one with troubles…Have a great week & Best RegardsJoerg
    Last edited by joergg; 01-26-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Format problems

Maybe a stupid question, but have you raised the issue to Aerosoft. It would be helpfull to know what exactly their finding what caused the issue, if Geneva was the cause.It is indeed sometimes frustrating to trace an issue. Especially with our setups for a homecockpit where you have all those "interaktive" add-ons like weather generator, traffic, atc, voice recognition connected to the SIM-Engine and additionally the all those "server" applications like Jeehell, AOC etc. which access the procedures in the SIM. As Peter said it sounds weird that an Scenery add-on cause a damage of the p3D core application.In case i would have this issue, i always try to do strength systematical steps. 1. i leave my SIM for a coffee break to go thru the logical track in my mind what could be wrong and what never ever could cause the issue.2. if the SIM itself seems to be broken like it wont start, crash or i miss mendatory DLL´s etc. i do a repair of the P3D Client by using the Client setup.3. if this wont help i just do a reinstall of the P3D client. (de-install and new install) Because this makes sure that all the nessecary core files of P3D are in place4. Rebuild of the Scenery index and wipe out the cashes like shader and scenery could be an additional step to "feel clean"If the problem remain you can be 99 % sure it´s not an issue of P3D or even Windows itself. So do a "format C:" and a re-install of Windows plus everything after would be the last option if nothing else helps after a specific amount of time invested. I think that backup is overrated because, think about what you can backup really. And maybe if you re-integrate a backup you may reintegrate the issue too. Of course i backup all the add-ons i´ve purchased to have them at hand if needed to be installed again. The only data i´ve backup additional is the complete folder of A320FMGS in it´s last good working condition to be able to replace an updated FMGS which turns out unexspected issues on the one hand but mainly to keep my customized Jeehell aircrafts and settings.I have a list what would it mean to start from scratch in worst case:P3D, AS, UT, PF3, MCE, Jeehell (but only the portion on the SIM client in fact), ORBX (this is easy managed in a batch) and the additional airport scenery. Should take less than a half day But think about: all this will be disappeared and gone forever, once the new FS2020 is out and installed. ) (hopefully JL is already working on FMGS_2020)Cheers Bernd