Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lost my Localiser (glide slope is fine)

With Navigraph 1910 and 1911 I have lost my Localiser. I’m wondering whether this occurred after I installed P3D’s latest 4.5 Hot Fix v2 (09-26-19].......I can’t remember whether I had a localiser with AIRAC 1910 before installing the Hot Fix.

Darren Sugden

Re: Lost my Localiser (glide slope is fine)

I can confirm that with Aerosoft Navdata Pro 1911 i have no issues. LOC and GS working as usual. Seems to be an issue with Navigraph.

Cheers
    Bernd

25+ Posting Member

Thanks, Bernd.

I will see if I have an AIRAC from a few months back and install that and recompile the bin files to see if a get my localiser back.

Regards,
    Darren

25+ Posting Member

Panic over. I realised my scenery.cfg file was missing in the Navdata folder (probably accidentally deleted it when I deleted the bin files for the next AIRAC cycle. So if anybody else is running their FMGS server on a computer that is not running P3D, make sure the FMGS on the P3D computer (which is installed to allow the weather programme to work) has the scenery.cfg file in the navdata folder and that the paths are correct in the configuration file. If you copied and pasted the scenery.cfg file from the navdata folder on the FMGS folder into the FMGS navdata folder on the P3D computer, make sure you edit the file so the paths are correct.
    Darren

150+ Forum Groupie

I am currently experiencing a similar issue with ILS data missing since my last 2 flights.
    I wanted to check tonight.

I also updated to Airac 19-11 and to P3D 4.5 recently. And I moved FMGS and the Navigation systems to a client pc.
    I did some reading on outsourcing FMGS. But it's new to me, that I have to copy the scenery.cfg to the FMGS navdata folders. Is there any documentation or helpful link on this?

150+ Forum Groupie

I think its navigraph 1911 issue. ...i was running 1908 without any problems then updated to 1911 and i also had ils issues and this is running without hotfix2 installed
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

25+ Posting Member

I initially thought I had cracked it but alas, I didn't have a localiser again earlier today. Just like 'Bindook', I never had any problems until after 1908.

But I have just finished another flight, albeit to a different airport, and the localiser was there (hurray). What I did before the flight was install the Jehell software on the P3D computer, in a 'temporary' folder on the pretense that the server was also to be running on that P3D computer. I ran the 'Starter' so as to create the bin files. Once the bin files had been created, I closed the FMGS down and copied the bin files to all the computers on the network, including the 'proper' FMGS installation on the P3D computer. The only caveat was that once I started P3D it complained that there were two aircraft with the same name (remember, I had now installed the FMGS twice on the P3D computer). But that's not a problem, I will rename the extra two aircraft or delete them the next time round).

But here is the biggie....the scenery.cfg folder that was created in the pseudo FMGS server installation (in the navdata folder) on the P3D computer, it added extra entries which were not there on in the scenery.cfg file located in the navdata folder in the 'proper' FMGS intsllation on the P3D computer [bold added]:

[Scenery]
    scenery.cfg=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg
    FSfolder=E:\P3D\
    AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
    Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
    Add-ons.cfg2=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
    ip=127.0.0.1

This is the first time I have seen 'Add-ons' entries. So maybe this why I was missing localisers because a lot of my 3rd party sceneries are now installed as add-ons rather than the old method of adding it to the scenery.cfg file in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder.

Fingers crossed....

One more thing - I have noticed is that on many FLX takeoffs I no longer get the RWY shown in the FMA - only FLX and SRS. Maybe related...?

Darren

150+ Forum Groupie

@Darren, I believe you refer to FSSCENERY.CFG in the Navdata folder and not the scenery.cfg itsel (being referenced to in the first mentioned file

I am having these add on links as well, but still not working. And I tested a p3d default airport.
    So I believe, the root cause is rather somewhere with the Airac file or with FMGS being on a remote PC.

I moved my FMGS on a remote PC just in August, so I would need to get the AIRAC 1908 installed to test.
    Can anyone share this?

Michael

25+ Posting Member

Yes, in the first instance, I’m talking about the scenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder.

I’m sure I’ve got a manual download AIRAC from earlier this year somewhere on my NAS. I’ll use that if the problem still persists for testing purposes. But as you know it’s a slow protracted process - it takes a good 30 mins to set everything up just for one flight...

Darren

150+ Forum Groupie

I know, preparing the test scenarios is a pain in the a...

I will check my Navigraph app, if I can restore some older back up from there.

Did you make sure, the referenced folders in the FSSCENERY.CFG are allowed for access?

Michael

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast