Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Lost my Localiser (glide slope is fine)

Darren, me too guess itīs navigraph.

In my setup i have P3D as the visual server and on client-no.1 i have installed Jehell with the FMGS server. On client-no.2 i have Jeehell for all the gauges (PFD, ND, EWD etc.) for b CPT and FO. My MCDU is connected to Client-no.1. If i update the airac i just copie the navrecord.dat into Navdata1 folder. Before doing this, i copied the former navrecord.dat from Navdata1 to Navdata2 to have the former Airac as Backup in the MCDU. Then i delete als .bin files and start FMGS on client1. The new bin files get created and after that i copie those bins and only them into the Navdata dolder on client2.
    I donīt touch the FMGS data which are on the P3D server because there is no need to do that.
    I use NavdataPro for airacupdates and have no issues. GS and LOC are working and though i would assume itīs a Navigraph issue.
    Somerwhere in another threat there ware other mentioned about issue with the AIrac 1910 from Navigraph too.

Cheers
    Bernd

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bernd,

this is very helpful information. Thank you.

Would you mind sharing the content of your fsscenery.cfg file? I have the same setting.
    I am not sure, if I entered the right folders for my network. Especially the IP address? For which computer do I need to enter the IP address?

Michael

75+ Posting Member

Hello Bernd and Michael,

today i made a flight from LEMD to LEPA 06 L and i had the same problem!
    I switch to EDDM 26R ,no Problem with the ILS !
    After that i had a phone call with my friend captn_pero and he ask me, is the problem on a Addon Airport?
    Hi installed me P3DV4AddonOrganizer witch helps to read out the addon files for makerwys.exe
    After that i recompiled the navdata for jeehell, start the P3dV4 go to LEPA 06L, and what i have to say , the ils is right there!

hope it helps at your problems!

Regards Peter

Peter, thx for the info. Iīam using the AddonOrganizer aswell which is really powerfull to get the addons right and sorted and not to loose the overview.

@Michael: my scenery.cfg looks like this (the one in the Navdata, not the P3D one.)

[Scenery]
    scenery.cfg=\\P3D\c\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg
    FSfolder=\\P3d\c\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
    AerosoftPath=\\BBC-PC\c\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
    Add-ons.cfg=\\P3d\c\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
    Add-ons.cfg2=\\P3d\c\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
    ip=127.0.0.1

Itīs in the Navdata folder on Client1 which is the FMGS-Server. The bin files created are needed on the FMGS-Server, where the MCDU is connected to and on clients where you run the NDīs. No need on the P3D machine as long you have no ND, MCDU running on that machine.

For the updates iīam using a small app called "UPDNav" by Dieter Kreiskott. This looks after the airacupdate, create the bins and copies them to the other clients automaticly.

reg. Bernd

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bernd, Peter,

I got it working!

BUT: only with an older AIRAC. I installed the Addon-Organiser and Makerwys and started all over with the AIRAC 1902. Worked like a charm!
    Then updated the latest AIRAC 1911 >> No ILS again!!

There is a corresponding AIRAC issue reported on the Navigraph forum:
    https://forum.navigraph.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8323&p=35925#p35925

@Bernd, thanks for the fsscenery.cfg
    > what is the Aerosoft Path good for?
    > what is the IP for? I see, you also still have the default value...

I also used to work with the UpdNav tool from Dieter but from times to times it had some issues. Maybe I'll give it a try again with my new clients setup.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Hi Michael,

if you've not set the "AerosoftPath" to something where the latest airac is stored I am wondering how it should work at all.
    See chapter 5.1 in the JeeHell Installation Guide (PDF). It works with Navigraph and Aerosoft AIRAC Cycles (I am using Navigraph).
    So try setting this to the directory of your AIRAC.

@Bernd: I did not found a docu for "Add-ons.cfg" and "Add-ons.cfg2". Where do you get it from?

Regards,
    Peter

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Peter, I simply copy the latest AIRAC file manually into the FMGS Navdata folders on the required clients.
    Or using Dieter 's update tool.

What is JL doing with the specified Aerosoft folder, if a new AIRAC is written in there?
    What is the difference to my manual copy job? Happy to learn, if there is an easier way of updating

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael and Peter,

@Peter: honestly i have o say that this root to add-ons.cfg wasnīt my genius. It was already in the scenery.cfg at some point. I can not say, if this is already the state after installing Jeehell. If this is not already implemented by JL, i canīt say where itīs from. I havenīt put it in there. May be the reason is, because i have put the A320FMGS folder on my P3D machine into the add-ons.xml of P3D via the AddOnManager aswell. There was a need for me to do so, because otherwise my MCE application could not target the Jeehell aircrafts correctly to work with them.

@Michael: The Aerosoft path is the path were the Jeehellware (the navdatarec.dat) is put into by NavdataPro. This root in the scenery.cfg is set by Jeehell automatic while the installation. But this is normaly used by FMGS if the FMGS-Server is on the same Machine as P3D and NavDataPro. As JL has written in his docu, FMGS should take notice itself if there is an new AIRAC file at startup and if so, update the bins automaticly. Honestly Iīve never seen FMGS doing this really. And since i moved the FMGS-Server to my "dedicated server" on Client1 i remember that the root path was still targeting to C:\xxxx. I have corrected the root but not yet seen the autoupdate of FMGS. Maybe because if i downloaded the new AIRAC i have instantly copied this manual into the Navdata folder on the FMGS-server, deleted the bins and let FMGS create new ones.

BUT: only with an older AIRAC. I installed the Addon-Organiser and Makerwys and started all over with the AIRAC 1902. Worked like a charm!
    Then updated the latest AIRAC 1911 >> No ILS again!!
    Though seems to be a Navigraph issue indeed.

Hi Peter, I simply copy the latest AIRAC file manually into the FMGS Navdata folders on the required clients.
    Or using Dieter 's update tool.
    Thatīs not wrong anyway. But the Airac file (navdatarec.dat) is only needed on the FMGS-Server machine to let FMGS-server read this and create the new bin files. On the other clients, where you running the NDīs, only the bin files are needed. Generally you can say, you need the actual bin files on every machine where you run an MCDU and/or NDīs. The navdatarec.dat is needed only on the one where FMGS-server is running.

I had done this manually several times too, because Dieters Navdataupdate somtimes did something weird. (one time it deleted my whole FMGS-server folder) And though i did it the last times like i discribed earlier in this thread. At least it isnīt much work do do it manually and on top - you know what you did.

Because last month i forgot to copy the new created bins onto the client where iīam running my NDīs. I noticed strange route drawing on my NDīs. Because you headed me up again wit this thread iīve done it correctly with the new airac and the strange drawings seems gone.

Cheers
    Bernd

> what is the IP for? I see, you also still have the default value...
    the IP 127.0.0.1 is generally on all computer and networks just an alias for "localhost" which means THIS local computer in simple words. I donīt know for this is needed. My guess is this should be the IP of the computer where FMGS-server is located. The other possibility is that it should point to the client where the airac updates are located or P3D. Sadly there is no documentation about this config from JL.
    With luck JL will step into this thread and can tell us for what this is meant for.

Cheers
    Bernd

150+ Forum Groupie

Yep, let's see, if jeehell can share some light on this IP entry.

But it seems to be irrelevant for the AIRAC issue.
    Could it be that with the newly added support of MORA data, something got screwed in the compilation of nav data. Because that changed from cycle 1908 (which worked, as far as I could read) to 1909 (first cycle that is reported to not work)???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast