10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FlightDeckSolutiolns FDS-G2 FCU with Jeehell FMGS

Is there any one have try old FDS-G2 FCU with Jeehell FMGS?
    It's seemed the G2 based on CPFight board, and HardwareConnect with CPFlight support, can open the com port, and display connected.
    But after some seconds, display false connection, and then re-open com port again, again and again.

Is there any new firmware from FDS for the G2 FCU? or anyway can make it work with Jeehell?

CSF-027/CHH-027/CN101-027

IVAO-CN SOC

Re: FlightDeckSolutiolns FDS-G2 FCU with Jeehell FMGS

Hi, I've also tried to get that old G2 working with FMGS without success. Its old interface logic is simply ways too old for FMGS and other suites. Best option is to buy a more actual FCU from Skalarki or Flightdecksolutions.

But since a new FCU has been too expensive for me I decided to design and build my own FCU/EFIS boards fitting to the FDS-G2 panels. Now I can use the old IBL panels but have new 7-segment displays and all A32x FCU functions like QNE/QNF switching, 100/1000 ft switching, sturdy push/pull rotary encoders and fully illuminated pushbutton switches. If you like I can send you a picture of it via PM.
    Regards, Bon

10+ Posting Member

Lightbulb Re: FlightDeckSolutiolns FDS-G2 FCU with Jeehell FMGS

Quote Originally Posted by anzabon View Post
    Hi, I've also tried to get that old G2 working with FMGS without success. Its old interface logic is simply ways too old for FMGS and other suites. Best option is to buy a more actual FCU from Skalarki or Flightdecksolutions.

But since a new FCU has been too expensive for me I decided to design and build my own FCU/EFIS boards fitting to the FDS-G2 panels. Now I can use the old IBL panels but have new 7-segment displays and all A32x FCU functions like QNE/QNF switching, 100/1000 ft switching, sturdy push/pull rotary encoders and fully illuminated pushbutton switches. If you like I can send you a picture of it via PM.
    Regards, Bon
    Hi, Bon,

Leaving for a trip some days, just come back and see your post, sounds good. I'd like to get the picture, and I'd like to know, is it possible that I follow up your design and DIY this board? Thanks.

Andrew

CSF-027/CHH-027/CN101-027

IVAO-CN SOC

10+ Posting Member

Re: FlightDeckSolutiolns FDS-G2 FCU with Jeehell FMGS

Hi,I am.trying to getting an old FDS FCU with G2 working with Jeehell and found this post from 2019. I think I will have to rebuild my FCU and wondered if you would be able to send a photo or two of the solution that you implemented?Regards,Justin Doxey
    Quote Originally Posted by anzabon View Post
    Hi, I've also tried to get that old G2 working with FMGS without success. Its old interface logic is simply ways too old for FMGS and other suites. Best option is to buy a more actual FCU from Skalarki or Flightdecksolutions.But since a new FCU has been too expensive for me I decided to design and build my own FCU/EFIS boards fitting to the FDS-G2 panels. Now I can use the old IBL panels but have new 7-segment displays and all A32x FCU functions like QNE/QNF switching, 100/1000 ft switching, sturdy push/pull rotary encoders and fully illuminated pushbutton switches. If you like I can send you a picture of it via PM.Regards, Bon