10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question JeeHell and FDS FCU (G3)?

Just adding a new post because I was searching this forum again and again, but unfortunately I did not find any result which helped me... Let me introduce - I'm new with JeeHell. After a long time of building my cockpit mostly with FDS parts I gave up due to a lot of frustration about software from AST, unfortunately I wasted the money to them... Next step last months was to try out the ProSim A320 before investing anything. After I found out, that even paying customers have the same basic problems like me with the free evaluation version I decided not to spend again a huge amount of money for the same quality of SW I already trow out of the window... In the same posts in the other forums I read as well about JeeHell and what it supports. Wow! Don't missunderstand me, I won't complain afterwards as well about that SW, the two others are just commercial developers who take a lot of money for less service, I see of corse, that we have a different situation here!

So let's come to my problem. Yesterday I set up first time JeeHell on my Sim environment. Well, Server, Cpt and F/O machine are running with it, it looks good so far! My problem is now to connect the FDS FCU (the newer one with the G3 Interface). Was really searching a lot, but I did not really find a solution. Only in one (archived) post I read something about an implemented support for all FDS Modules, but somehow my FDS FCU does not make anything. With the MCDU it works fine. Does anybody have an idea what to do or what tool to install, that JeeHell finds my FCU? My FCU is connected via an USB hub at the P3D Machine with the server running on it as well.

Would be thankful for every hint which helps me!

Best Regards from Switzerland
    Joerg

Re: JeeHell and FDS FCU (G3)?

Hi Joerg,

as far I know the FDS FCU is not supported by FMGS A320 yet.

Regards

150+ Forum Groupie

I could not use my FDS FCU with Jehell, like you I ran AST before moving to Jeehell, mine used the G2 card. I considered rebuilding the electronics of the FCU but I decided to get a new Skalarki unit. I have passed my FDS unit to a younger energetic builder in the hope that he can modify it.
    i got the FDS MCDU working with help from Jean Luc.
    Barry

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hmmm It's been a long since I made the FDS interface, so I do not remember all the names they give to their hardware...
    Regarding the FCU, the G3 version I think moved on to using interfaceIT from Tekworx. If so it should be compatible? In interfaceit creator from my suite, you should "see" in the board list, and right click on it to assign it as an FCU?

10+ Posting Member

Hey Fritz and Barry
    Thx for your answer! At least I guess I have a solution by the answer below from JeeHell! But thank you anyway for participating in my "problems" !!!

BR
    Joerg

10+ Posting Member

Hello jeehell

Many thanks for your VERY HELPFUL reply!!! Actually as I am completely new in that suite I did not know the IITCreator tool. Don't know if I just missed it in the manual or what ever… Finally this I guess is the tool what makes me happy, even if I learned by the painful way how to use it, lost a full day of configuration of my OHD... But it was my fault! Seams this will guide me to a good result - MANY THANKS!!!

Out of this configuration, I have now two questions:
    1. Is it possible to backup a dedicated file to save my done configurations? If yes, which one?
    2. In my FCU, the LED's of selection buttons on the F/O EFIS are inverted. That means, pressing a button will highlight the text, the green bar on top are always on (instead of the text as a legend). On the Cpt side it is ok. Will that work, if I just configure the wrong LED's inside IITCreator, but the rest will stay empty and the FCU Interface itself will still be selected as "FCU" in IITCreator? Or do I have to configure than the whole FCU with IITCreator?

Thanks again for the support and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Joerg