10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

No engine response to throttle levers

Hi all

Having issues with engine response to throttle lever movement and any help would be appreciated.

When the Sim (all Skalarki hardware) is powered up I often got the situation where everything appears to be all OK, both engines start OK but when I advance either or both throttles there is then no response from the engines (or sometimes there could be a long delay before the engine responds). I can see on the ECAM display that the system recognises the movement of both throttle levers but the engine speed doesn’t increase. Sometimes I could resolve this by restarting the Profiler on MCDU2 but otherwise I needed to do a complete restart ?

Unfortunately now the engines do not respond to any throttle movement except if the throttle is put in reverse thrust position and then engine speed increases to approx 60%, which I believe is about the correct level.. If I look at the external view of aircraft both of the engines show the reverse thruster doors to be open all of the times, even if the levers are in Flex or TOGA positions, so I guess this may be inhibiting the engine response in the forward throttle direction. In addition there is no position on the throttles where the ECAM displays “Idle” position. I have re-calibrated the throttle levers a few times but this makes no difference. I am also not sure what the number range should be between reverse thrust and TOGA positions ?

Can anyone also explain the logic / sequence which opens the engine reverse thrust doors.

Appreciating any assistance as always

Keith

25+ Posting Member

Re: No engine response to throttle levers

hi,
    when you start FMGS then you will see a windows which is called AP/FBW. Please check if under „select Aircraft....“ either CFM or IAE is selected.
    best regards
    Michael

10+ Posting Member

Hi Michael

My Sim has been off for a while, hence the delayed thanks.

The aircraft was already selected in the AP/FBW module. I have now had the throttle lever checked by Skalarki, excellent service I have to say, and then re-calibrated it in the Sim again. The problem is still there occasionally but now if I restart the profiler the throttle response is then OK. It seems to be some sort of communication issue but I can't nail it down to anything specific yet.

Thank s again.

Keith

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Keith, I have experienced the same issue with my new Skalarki TQ now. The selected thrust is shown on the ECAM (blue circle), but the actual thrust does not go beyond 24.8 of N1 (green circle). As this thread is a bit older - do you still experience this behaviour? Or could you find a solution meanwhile? Thanks, Michael

10+ Posting Member

Hi guys,seems you’re experiencing the same issue I had with the saitek throttleIn my case definitely solution can be found in this thread https://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32770