Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

uncontrollable pitching with AS16 liveweather

Hi folks, maybe its something someone is interested in:

I do my flights usually wir live-weather from AS for P3D and last weekend, when we had stormy, gusty weather here in northern Germany which was injected into my Sim, i noticed right after takeoff in EDDH that the aircraft went into uncontrollable conditions in heavy turbulences. The AP got disconnected and the A-Floor protection came alive. so far so good, but even by controlling by hand, push it into horizontal flight with toga-thrust it went into stall and i crashed into the ground. I tried another 3 - 5 times an allways the same reaction. The ECAM-page for the flightcontrolls showed that the elevators and all other controlsurfaces flickering from max to min. Even moving the joystick can´t control that.
    After hours of try and search i figured out that the settings ins AS where relevant for that behavior. I lower down in AS the settings for the wind options and effects as follows:

Maximum wind turbulence = 50 instead the default of 100
    Turbulence effect scalar = 40
    instead the default of 70

That made the difference and the controlsurfaces like elevators etc. where stable again even in gusts as they should.

I wrote this information in case someone else hat this experience and maybe this helps to save time in solving (and even save a lot of passenger-lives)

regards
    Bernd

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: uncontrollable pitching with AS16 liveweather

Hallo Bernd,
    wo finde ich denn das Settings in AS 16. Ich habe allerdings den FSX als Simulator.
    Kannst Du mir auf die Sprünge helfen?
    Danke, Gruß Fritz Lambinet

Sorry Bernd, I fond the seting tab.
    I made the changes that you suggested and will see how it works next time I fly.
    Thanks anyways.
    Fritz Lambinet