Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

B757 flap detent decal

Hello all. I modified my Saitek throttle quadrant with 757 flaps detent, and want to use the far right lever for flaps. Anyone know any nifty ideas on how I could create my own (757) flap marker decal? Do they sell them somewhere by any chance? I know I could easily just open Word Processor and type FLAPS UP - 0-1-5-15-20-25-30 - FLAPS DOWN, print it, and stick it on there with scotch tape, but I want to make it look nice. Any ideas?

25+ Posting Member

Re: B757 flap detent decal

I produced the panel graphics for my own cockpit using a freeware vector drawing software called Draw Plus, produced by Serif. Unfortunately they have withdrawn this and now charge for their current version. However have a look at this link for similar freeware. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-free-drawing-software-illustrator-photoshop/
    Most of these softwares are quite easy to use with a bit of experimenting.

For printing the result, I used medium weight sticky back photo paper, available on Ebay. To protect the finish, I covered the photo paper surface, after printing, with matt finish self adhesive transparent film. You can see them in the My Cockpit Update forum, titled Building an Embraer 195 Cockpit, posted a couple of years ago. They are still in use after 4 years with no signs of wear.

Re: B757 flap detent decal

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles2010 View Post
    I produced the panel graphics for my own cockpit using a freeware vector drawing software called Draw Plus, produced by Serif. Unfortunately they have withdrawn this and now charge for their current version. However have a look at this link for similar freeware. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-free-drawing-software-illustrator-photoshop/
    Most of these softwares are quite easy to use with a bit of experimenting.

For printing the result, I used medium weight sticky back photo paper, available on Ebay. To protect the finish, I covered the photo paper surface, after printing, with matt finish self adhesive transparent film. You can see them in the My Cockpit Update forum, titled Building an Embraer 195 Cockpit, posted a couple of years ago. They are still in use after 4 years with no signs of wear.
    Hi! Thank you so much for your reply, and for all that information. I truly appreciate it!