Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Possible bug in NavDataRebuild

Hi,

we just found, that in some cases my NavDataRebuild function does not create the PROC2.bin. In total there should be 11 *.bin files in "[...]\A320FMGS\Navdata".
    Please double check your installation. If this is not the case please do a manuael NavData Rebuild without my tool.

The updated and fixed version is already in BETA test and will be released soon.
    : : : aviation.pero-online.de
    Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Re: Possible bug in NavDataRebuild

Quote Originally Posted by capt_pero View Post
    Hi,we just found, that in some cases my NavDataRebuild function does not create the PROC2.bin. In total there should be 11 *.bin files in "[...]\A320FMGS\Navdata".Please double check your installation. If this is not the case please do a manuael NavData Rebuild without my tool.The updated and fixed version is already in BETA test and will be released soon.
    Peter, is this issue causing, that the AIRAC validation information isn´t updated in the FMGS MCDU? Because after the rebuild with your tool the MCDU start page still shows the outdated AIREC validation and CorteManager gives the warning that the AIRAC is different to Jeehell FMGS. I´am using NavDataPro.I remember that this problem occurred as the same with "UpdateNav" from Dieter Kreiskott.CheersBernd

Thumbs up v1.5.5 out now!

No, it causes, that one file is missing. The MCDU shows everything correct.
    v1.5.5 is out now. Everything fixed - works like a charme!

--- 11.02.2020 - v1.5.5.6
    [CHANGED] Description of the AIRAC window at the bottom improved
    [BUGFIX] In some cases PROC2.bin is not created. This can cause missing approaches in MCDU
    [BUGFIX] CTD if click on "Open Logfile" in settings and no logfile available
    [BUGFIX] Import SID/STAR in US-Region failed in some cases (Waypoint not found)

Please find the new version here.

Re: Company Route Editor 4 JeeHell FMGS

Hi Peter, i´ve testet the new Version yesterday and it works fine accept for Navdata update. After several unsuccesfull tries I´ve read in the manual that it needs to run on the "Master-PC" only (yes i usually try before reading the manual LOL). OK, that makes it clear, but is there no way to get it working on a client, because the way you intend how the "Master-PC" needs to be configured is a little different what is JL´s install philosophy. I try to keep as much as possible away from the Main-PC which works as the P3D image generator. Though i have installed with Jeehells standard procedure only the nessecary portion of FMGS which is needed on the P3D-PC, following JL´s strict order to install on each PC only what is really needed on that particular PC. The PC where the FMGS-server is installed is a client from the perspective of the P3D-Master-PC but the Master-PC for Jeehell FMGS because all backbone applications of FMGS like the server, ecamlogic, FBW etc. is running on that "FMGS-Master" and all Hardware is connected to this PC aswell. So in fact this is the "dedicated server" of Jeehell FMGS. Just one additional PC is running as the CPT/FO FMGS-client to drive all the screens like PFD/ND, EWD and SD. Because the CPT/Fo client-PC is a strong machine i´am using this one with additional Monitors also as the planning station with PFPX, EFB etc. and as the maintance and instructor station for the whole sim setup. Though i used your CORTEManager on that PC to copy the routings from PFPX into the corte.xml on the FMGS-Server PC. That works well so far.If i run the NavdataUpdate with the latest version as usual on that client it deletes the bin files and create new ones on the FMGS Server PC, so far so good but once those files are created it doesn´t copy them onto the CPT/FO-PC and the process information isn´t updated any further in the CorteManager window (it stays on FMGS Master running). The funny thing is that with the former version it worked.I would prefer not to install FMGS-server portion on the P3D-Master to avoid any inferencing as Jeehell mentioned. But i would like to use you update tool too. So is there really now way to get it working on a "Non-P3D Master". P.S. i´ve also tried to run it on my FMGS-Server PC with same result that it wont update the client. If i run the update tool on the P3D-Master the process is terminated immediatly because of the missing FMGS-Server.CheersBernd

Hi Bernd,

the meaning of the "Master-PC" is the Server/PC which run's the "FMGS_Server.exe" (maybe the documentation isn't that clear). My tools is doing this stupid steps:
    - deleting all ".\A320FMGS\navdata\*.bin" files
    - starting ".\A320FMGS\FMGS_Server\FMGS_Server.exe"
    - wait until all *.bin files are created
    - copy the whole directory ".\A320FMGS\navdata\" to the configured "Dedicated", "CPT" or "FO" PC

If these systems are mixed a little you can install the tool on another PC. I tried to make it easy for "normal" installations (whatever that is).
    Clear now? Otherwise - lets have a quick chat in german - please use the email.

Regards,
    Peter

Exclamation Heads Up: A320FMGS_B52.5.6

Just a short notice that the latest version vom 15.02.2020 isn't compatible with the NavDataRebuild any more.
    I am already in touch with Jean-Luc to get it sorted out.

Background: "FMGS_Server.exe navdata" should auto close the FMGS-Server, when all *.bin files are created. This should have been fixed but the latest version does stop creating all files. See Bugtracker for more details.

10+ Posting Member

Hallo PeterI have a (perhaps small) Problem with your Corte ManagerYou wrote in your Guide that the Corte will be updated by clicking Safe.But I only can get the new imported Corte route in mcdu after restart Jeehell Server.What do I wrong?FMGS 52.5 latest Corte Version and start both with admin rights...Any Suggestions?Thanks and greetingsJochen

Quote Originally Posted by Jokast View Post
    Hallo PeterI have a (perhaps small) Problem with your Corte ManagerYou wrote in your Guide that the Corte will be updated by clicking Safe.But I only can get the new imported Corte route in mcdu after restart Jeehell Server.What do I wrong?FMGS 52.5 latest Corte Version and start both with admin rights...Any Suggestions?Thanks and greetingsJochen
    You can try to use an empty corte.xml in .\A320FMGS\navdata\navdata1\ and try again (do not use the backup after restarting the corteManager). I had one case where a route was invalid and because of this the whole corte.xml has not been loaded in FMGS.

If that does not help, please post the corteManager4JH.log (or the latests lines).

Oh, interesting Peter. I wasn´t aware that this should work in fact? I thought FMGS-Server reads the corte.xml on startup only and though i always updated it with your tool before i start FMGS. I would be happy if the corte can be updated "on the fly" i will test it next time.CheersBernd

10+ Posting Member

Thumbs up Re: Company Route Editor 4 JeeHell FMGS

Works fine Thanks for help

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast