Hello,
I have a question about the stepper motor card, I have assembled an altimeter using a Nema 8 stepper motor and in works fine apart from the needle is not very precise and displays a jerkey movement, I assume I need to configure the motor to run in half steps mode however as soon as I assign 'H' in my SIOC script the motor stops working wont calibrate and doesnt move, can you confirm if I need to change any furhter setting to use the motor in half step mode ? further more using 'T' ( full step) in my SIOC code produces movement but slow jerkey movement changing this to 'F' seems to make this much better which is confusing as the manual says T.

Further investigation shows when using just SIOC for testing without FSX running the gauge runs fast and smooth during calibration and assigned values, I've also noticed that with FSX running and the aircraft is for example at 500ft and I start SIOC the gauge runs through the 2 rotations for calibration fast and smooth and then when it reads the FSX/FSUIPC data to move the gauge to 500ft the movement goes slow and jerkey, any ideas ? could it be a setting in FSUIPC? I've tried this on two different computers with the same results running SICO version 5.1(B2)

My SIOC code :
Var 0016, name alt_fs_h, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $3324, Length 4
{
L0 = MOD &alt_fs_h ,1000
&step_alt = L0 * 360
}
Var 0017, name step_alt, Link USB_STEPPER, Output 3, PosL 6, PosC 0, PosR 4,Type F