Thread: A320 FMGS B46

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B46

Hi JL,

First of all you are doing an outstanding job !!!! Thank you so much !
    I am having a problem. I run FMGS on 4 Pcs my CPT PC which is running CPT ND PFD and MCDU and my FO PC which runs the equivalent FO stuff. When I start everything it places the displays (ND PFD etc.) On the same places like B45. When I power my cockpit however the displays stay dark. My center PC which have EWD SD ISIS on it works without any problem. Do you have an idea ? Cheers Michael

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

@Firefly77: this sounds like a local issue with either networking/antivirus/firewall.
    Or if you have hardware which control the PFD/ND brightness pots?

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Excellent news! Thank you JL once again!

I was planning to go out later tonight but I'll cancel everything and try it out!

4. Likes SSO liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi JL, yes i am using hardware but havent changed any. Just over installed new version. Before I had no problem. I will try to reinstall fresh on Friday. Do I have to fill P3D PC Ip adress in config ? Thats new ! Best regards Michael

10+ Posting Member

Thanks JL all works very well in this perfect update B46 Thank you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly77 View Post
    Hi JL, yes i am using hardware but havent changed any. Just over installed new version. Before I had no problem. I will try to reinstall fresh on Friday. Do I have to fill P3D PC Ip adress in config ? Thats new ! Best regards Michael
    yes you do. For most users, this will be the same IP as the server PC. This is how you can now use different PCs for P3D and FMGS server.

150+ Forum Groupie

This may be due to self persuasion but I think the ND feels more crisp and responsive now, although that seems to come with the expense of lots of RAM, in the range of 450-500 MB. Double that for the PFD and now just those two consume more RAM than P3D does!

I run my typical test flight with flightplan: LGAV - SOREV1T (03R) - SOREV - UL617 - XAVIS - XAVIS1A (27 via GONSO) - LGIR. Flown at FL270. I enjoyed the correct climb and descend predictions that no longer fluctuate for no apparent reason causing the bus to jump up and down on the path. The bus flies the path so predictably now and that's quite enjoyable. I even smiled seeing the bearing and distance being displayed for the point in focus in PLAN mode.

I noticed a black rectangle in the low left part of the ND that doesn't seem to be there for a purpose:

I also noticed that the taxi handling is now significantly different, it seems substantial constant thrust is required to taxi the aircraft in medium gross weights which I don't think is what actually happens. The bus to my knowledge taxis with idle thrust in most loads.

The only non trivial issue I noticed on my way to LGIR, was that I couldn't see the T/D arrow on the ND. The MCDU was calculating the prediction but the actual arrow wasn't displayed in the ND, or maybe it was displayed in the wrong position, over the airport, I can't really tell:

There were two errors on the ND route displayed path as shown below:

but these are minor.

I also noted that the new virtual panels (for landing gear, flaps, etc) seem to be overriding the key bindings, which means one can't use the panels to verify the correct position of the control. For example pressing the key for flaps down is almost immediately overwritten by the flap panel lever position and the flaps won't move. That seems a bit counter intuitive to what I would expect, but personally I don't really care for these panels.

I also saw that Vapp was calculated as 152 when Vls was 134, did this change somehow?

Overall, once again great job!
    Attached Images Attached Images

FMGS is breaking towards a commercial product, well done JL

Hi Spilot -- I also did a quick fly through --

I did notice some differences in taxiing, but that might be because I have been using different avionic suites and bus products in the market. It seems relatively easy to turn with the rudder pedals -- I was under the impression you could only do something like a 30% turn at full rudder deflection?

The aircraft now also pushes forwarded and accelerates at quite a rate at 2 engine starts with no parking brake -- it was my thoughts this only tends to happen more with the IAE engine options and not CFM?

I am not too sure if i have to install this new .dll friction model or it is automatic configured on FMGS startup.

I like the new 2D panels -- FMGS can now work as a flat trainer Yes -- the flaps 2d panels override your hardware settings -- so its either use one or the other, not both.

I did have some NAV errors, but that was when I did a HOLD pattern.
    I did notice the aircraft pitching up and down on cruise level.

Will report as usual on the bug list -- please all report bugs on the tracker so JL can keep an eye out for it -- this is the only way to improve the software, with YOUR input!

Merci beaucoup JL.

Regards.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

75+ Posting Member

Hello JL,
    must i install this simpatcher.dll by hand and in wich directory i must copy this?
    And where must i select this one?
    I have read the new installation guide three times but my old eys found nothing about this, sorry!

Please give me a help

Greetings Peter

Hi JL and all,

Anyone has the problem with Speed brake? I have to press / or Shift / on keyboard to clear the Speed brake message.
    Btw, the new font is looking better, thanks JL and Chris.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast