Re: A320 FMGS B46

deleted xx

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Off topic but...
    a merry xmas and a successful and healthy new year with many happy landings to all of you guys!
    @Jean-Luc: thank you very much for your incredible work. All the best for you and your family!

Kind regards
    Bon

500+ This must be a daytime job

Merry Xmas JL and a big thanks for your efforts in 2016 and may they continue into
    Take care
    Regards
    Les

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Thanks for a great update. Really smooth flying
    two issues:
    1- On the Winds page - I am only able to enter 3 lines of data. When entering a fourth line just get blanked out after entering the data
    2 - there are a few display artifacts on the LNAV route:
    -- turns where the arcs and straight segments dont line up. Usually corrected when passing the first point. And the route segment becomes the active
    -- some straight segments do not seem to origin from the centre of the waypoint but rather the perimeter of the Waypoint symbol.

/Stephen
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Jl,
    I'm not getting any display on my fds mcdu's.
    I have installed the software twice as the previous install gave me Fm2 error msg on fm1.

Now I looked in the hclog and the following line is in it

C:\A320FMGS\hardware modules\interfaceITAPI.DLL not valid

Also there is a "missing navdata" line in the widefmgslog.

Thanks

Michael
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

just tried to install B46 but I get the message "Prepare3d cannot run because it could not write Prepare3d.cfg" . I'm using P3d V3.1.2.

Prepare3d.cfg exists in -> ..Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3d V3 on this PC

I have made the simpatcher entries in the ddl file manually now.

Further I have another bad problem:

After startup of the the fmgs server now IDG are disconnected from both engines - I have disconnected both hardware buttons - but no change. "IDG FAULT" Lights are dark and no warning in EICAS. "IDG disc" is only displayed on SD-page ELEC under the GEN.
    Till previouse versions of the fmgs server IDG was connected and worked as expected.

Any help would be great... THXS

Robert

150+ Forum Groupie

update....

when I start fmgs the cdu keys light up but no display & Key presses don't work.

but when I start the cdu controller (with fmgs not running) I get a display on both cdu .

If there is any1 that uses the FDS & have got it working some advice on getting it working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Do you see the MCDU in the ITCreator?

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...k6q5kg_jpg.htm

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks Fritz I actually just worked it out.

Both cdu's working

Michael

25+ Posting Member

Hello JL,
    after unsuccessful update from B45.4 to b46 and about 40 hours of investigations I need some help as following:
    I’m operating a full size FDS flightdeck with all available components and high quality usb hubs ( external powered) and till B45.4 the simulator and all including hardware runs stable without any problems. After the update to B46 the simulator is not useable anymore. Switching back to B45.4 will bring back a stable environment.
    I’m running P3d V3.1.2 and for all testing no additional software was running.

Problem 1 (I think not so important but just to be complete):
    During update to B46 I get the msg "Prepare3d cannot run because it could not write Prepare3d.cfg".
    Prepare3d.cfg has no right restrictions and can be edited by all user types. I also have made the simpatcher entries in the ddl file manually now and it seems to work.

Problem 2 :
    The simulator cannot be started without IDG Disconnect for both engines after update. Every Time “hardware connect” will start the IDG will be disconnected – and now it will be more than strange- because it looks like that IITcreator, which seems to be changed in 11/2016 will have problems with the old config. So under b46 some numbers for switches or led’s are not shown and assigned parameter are missing (as seen attached).It looks like that some var names has changed. – and now the strange thing and the result of long time investigation:
    The problem is not an invalid switch assignment (maybe to IDG Vars) – no - the problem will occur by two var’s assinments to leds:
    A assignment to a led of the fds io port of the var “OVHD_SEC2_FAULT” will cause IDG Disconnect ENG 1!
    A assignment to a led of the fds io port of the var “OVHD_SEC3_OFF” will cause IDG Disconnect ENG 2 !
    This behavior can be reproduced and I have tested that multiple times with adding and removing this var.

So if there were an offset where I can reset the idg disc it would be fine but maybe this problem will stay in relation with the next problem and so this is not the final solution:

Problem 3:
    The fds boards are no more stable under b46. It looks like that there is something like a timing problem (there are a lot of FDS boards connected). It makes different after how much time after starting the fmgs server I will start the “hardware connect” modul and it looks for me that during this initial process invalid states of button will be read and processed by the hardware driver. I think I have started the simulator today more than 50 times and the state of the leds in the overhead were often completely different and not like the should be (dark cockpit). In the previous B45.4 the startup is every time the same.
    But I would live with different states after startup (exept IDG disconnection ) if there will also not exist the problem, that the FDS IO Modules sometimes stop working during operation.
    I have also detected that with B46 also the FMGS server needs a little longer to connect to the simulator- (just fyi). But maybe I’m complete wrong and the problem is not the timing and more incompatibilities between the configuration files for the hw manager which will make unexpected operation of the hw manager.
    A error msg as attached have been shown sometimes during restarting hw connect.

Problem 4:
    Airplane is accelerating with idle thrust, but that has been already posted by other user and for sure to solve …..

Till now I was not able to test a flight, because every time a fds module stops working during taxing. After switching back to B45.4 I could process multiple flights without any problems.

I hope you will be able to help…

THXS Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images