Thread: Jeehill mcdu

500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Jeehill mcdu

Mike,
    I dont know if this helps. Here is how i run my o/c cards on a remote pc.
    Sioc and hardware scripts along with Widefs on Remote pc. On Fsx pc i run
    Sioc and in my case as there is no hardware no scripts run here.
    On your Remote PC do you see it showing the IP address of your P3D PC.?

150+ Forum Groupie

No, my SIOC has never been on the FS PC, I have it on the PC where all the SIOC dependent cards are plugged in.
    Barry

75+ Posting Member

just let me put you in the picture as regards to my set up
    i have 5 pc networked to a main pc that carry's p3dv3 at the moment im using the project majenta a320 with wide fs no problems
    now as regards to the advance of jeehell im swaping over to seems to be well in advance of pm
    ive loaded all the jeehell software on each seperate computor as regards to the needs ie cap side fo side etc
    i have got jeehell overhead working with my fds interface it card with the interface it choice in jeehell software
    i have ordered fcu and efis skalarki his interface should hopefully sort that

in my pedestal i have been using simboards for years but jeehell does not recognise them so im planning to buy new boards for that also with potentiometer imputs for my flap lever and throttle etc(dont no if you can recommend any boards that work well with jeehell with imputs and outputs potentiometer rotary encoders
    i do have my home made throttle connected to an open cockpits joystick card
    i dont no if jeehell is going to recognise that ? ive not even tryed my new throttle yet so
    and finally my mcdu pc with my opencockpits keycard over hopefully over network which i have been using with pm and the normal keycard software successfully with widefs

so which is the best way to use the mcdu jeehell sofware with jeehell so this is my first try with sioc
    so am i best using sioc on p3d pc or on mcdu pc is it is on the mcdu pc how does sioc talk to main p3d pc

150+ Forum Groupie

Mike
    You and I are going through near identical processes, I am moving from AST to Jeehell, I have had to engineer out simboards ( shame because they were good), I have got the encoders etc all working with Jeehell. I am happy to share all with you but suggest we do not bore the forum with it, you can contact me through my website below and follow up by e-mail. I think you are in Manchester and I am East Riding so not a long trip if you want to come and play. There is another A320 nearby using PM and will probably migrate soon. I fly regularly online with another builder in Manchester so you might like to share views with our little informal group.
    My website gives you an overview of where I have been but it is not up to date with all the migration steps, I need to do that soon.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

Barry: Love your setup and visit your site regular. Not quite up to setting up JH yet but near.

Mike:
    What have you installed on the PC containing the MCDU?.
    You will need some sort of Server/Client setup. JH obviously has this built in
    for his modules so the pc containing the mcdu will have to have this network
    setup. As you say PM used Widefs and this is what i have to use to get my setup
    running.
    So you will have to see what is needed on the MCDU PC.

Les

75+ Posting Member

Barry
    That would be great also would love to visit your sim at some point
    Also been inspired by your sim on the website I also have a love for engineering and have built many of my sim parts
    Iwik
    I need to use sioc creator for my opencockpits keycard5 with sioc to jeehell offsets but for some reason it's not working suspecting my main sioc ini settings not right

150+ Forum Groupie

I have two MCDU's. The first I bought from FDS ready built when I started the sim around 2007. This has a keyboard emulator card so is in fact just a typewriter, I can write in notepad with it. AST then provided a little utility which enabled one to allocate the keys to the page functions. In JH I can use it the same way but I had some help from JL to make the .ini file for the MCDU and it works fine. A while later I wanted a second MCDU and bought the panel from Open Cockpits and chopped up a Sony PlayStation for the screen. I used the USB keys interface card and software from Open Cockpits which as we know works with SIOC. This worked fine with AST but I had to look again for JH. To allocate the keys I used JL SIOC creator but could have equally have used the SIOC program but the former is a bit more user friendly. I have the MCDU' s on different PC's as each one needs focus to be able to type into it.
    I run FSUIPC And WideFS as the primary network for SIOC but all the OC devices are on the same PC as the SIOC program. JH is also a parallel network of course and until recently I also used FS Communicator but I doubt it is compatible with JH, pity as it was a superb emulation of the Airbus FBW and it would work alongside AST.
    The other ready built part I bought with the original build was the FDS FCU which ran via the Tekworx G2 card. It has never worked properly because AST wrote the interface software but I was the only one to buy it and it has never been sorted. The FCU would probably work fine with PM but will not work with JH so have just bought the Skalarki unit and it works a treat.
    Mike, I am sure your problem is something simple but I can't spot it. I got mine working easily.
    Barry

75+ Posting Member

ok so you are using main sioc on mcdu pc where all the boards are using widefs for connection to FSUIPC on sim pc
    ill try sioc creator again
    cant wait for my skalarki fcu and 2 efis should be at the end of month was the profiler easy to use with jeehell?
    thinking of using arduino and mobiflight for some simple imputs to jeehell have you heard of? cheap as well

150+ Forum Groupie

Skalarki profiler easy, Jeehell profile is already created so just plug in and go.
    Two small issues, baro settings work wrong way round and QNH/ QFE lights both lit one side. Need to edit profile but have reported to Skalarki.
    I don't use those cards, I got Bodnar button box cards for encoders and their joystick card for pots, these items left homeless when I took Simboards out. Dead easy to use.
    Barry

Mike,
    I would recommend using latest SIOC as it has network monitoring. It may help you
    sort your problems out.
    Les

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast