Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 Cockpit Liners

The FDS interior liners are hand made out of metal which is probably why they could be pricey -- I have not enquired about the cost of their liners.

They also sell interior liners for the 737 which are affordable (http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/c...liner-package/) , but made out of fiberglass.

If A320 liners can be made out of the same material, I don't see why costs for liners can't go down.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

75+ Posting Member

As I have just started to build my sim I would also be very interested in Cockpit interior panels and would like to add my name to the list.
    I have a fair bit of CAD experience, mainly Solidworks and would be more than happy to help with the CAD work if needed.
    Out of interest, I have attached a 3D pdf of one of my side windows taken from Sketchup dimensions so I cannot be sure if they are correct or not.
    I have a frame being delivered from Vier Im Pott in the next couple of weeks so I hope I can get some closer measurements then.

I am based in Norfolk UK.

I have added a 2D version as well in case some might not be able to view the 3D version.

To enable 3D content permanently in Acrobat:

• Go to Edit > Preferences > 3D & Multimedia and then select the Enable playing 3D content checkbox.
    Attached Files Attached Files

25+ Posting Member

Evening all - Sounds a great idea, i too am looking for complete interior and would like to ask if Omni can add me to the list?

Hi all -- I've added you both to the list -- it now stands at 9 wanting interior liners for their project.

CMDR114b --- wow! Very impressed with your design. Its good to have an experience CAD designer on board -- with CAD designs would it be possible to present it to a local fibreglass store to get it manufactured?

What would be the most straight forward way? From my knowledge the FDS and flybycockpit 737 liners are made out of fibreglass.

If we provide you with the exact measurements would you be able to implement these changes to your CAD documents so the manufactures can produce?

We have a bunch of resourceful individuals here -- perhaps if we pool our talent we can come up with a solution? Win win for all.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

75+ Posting Member

Yes, I can change what ever we need.
    The design I have is my best estimation of what I think it should look like so I may well be way off the mark.
    What we really need is a copy of the original drawings from Airbus but I guess they would not be too keen to let them go.

My idea was to have the design CNC cut from foam and then coated to give a hard surface.
    There are lots of videos on YouTube on how this finish is done. This we could use as a plug to produce fibreglass moulds if required.
    You have to remember that producing moulds is an expensive process as it is very time consuming.

I would be happy to use the foam core with the coating and not bother with the fiberglass because if they did get damaged they could be easily fixed.
    There is another way to get a fibreglass part and that is to lay up the foam core with Epoxy and glass cloth. Again very time consuming but it can be done at home. Its used extensively in boat and home built aircraft designs.

John

75+ Posting Member

bobsta63, where in Suffolk are you?
    John

75+ Posting Member

Here are a couple more 3D pdf's of both the CPT and FO windows including the glass and handles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow, making good progress. You probably know about this website already?

http://www.simpit.de/a320dim/page_01.htm

It has some measurements, although I am not too sure how accurate they are.

Perhaps some of the real world pilots can pitch in? I will see what other resources I can find.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Omni for adding me to the list!!

@cmdr114b - I'm in Ipswich, I was actually going to ask you the same thing last night - I've had a few cottages in North Norfolk (Wells, Holt area) - I love it up there, very relaxing... I love Holkham beech in the winter!!

FWIW - I think the foam core and hardened coating is a great idea, like you said John, easier to repair if broken!

Where abouts are you John? - Maybe we should get together one time (whoever finishes their cockpit first )

Let me know if I can be of any further help guys at this point.

Cheers,
    Bobby

75+ Posting Member

@bobsta63, - Actually our postal address is Norfolk but I think we are actually in Suffolk, between Bury and Diss so we are pretty close.
    It would be good to find some locals to share ideas with and lend a hand or two when needed.

As for the foam coating, have a look at some stuff called Styrospray 1000 or I have seen a Youtube video showing you how to make your own.
    I have also seen that PVA glue gives good results.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast