150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lightbulb GeForce GTX 1080

Hi all.

Has anyone else gotten excited over the launch of the GTX 1080 yet? What's gotten me specifically excited is the native multi-projection support. This basically allows you to render a single scene in a single pass to multiple viewports. The demos have all been around triple-screen gaming, where the multi-projection properly corrects the angles in each view to blend seamlessly, but if you think about it, this is the solution to multi-window displays that we're all looking for. If P3D or X-Plane or Dovetail implement support for this, then you would be able to have multiple views onto the same outside view mapped to your screen configuration and render all the views in a single pass. This would massively decrease the frame rate cost of multiple views (of the same scene - other views will still need to be rendered as their own scenes), potentially to zero! For cockpit builders, it's a godsend.

I think we need to lobby the good folks at Lockheed and Dovetail to add support for this, it's such a potential game-changer and would undoubtedly be huge for their commercial customer base. Time to hit the forums over there...

Here's some info from Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/nvidia...w-33557-3.html

NH

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: GeForce GTX 1080

Thats a big 'if' P3D supports it

I will need to see the benchmarks with P3D to see if it is worth upgrading from a 970 to 1070.

P3D/FSX are still relatively CPU dependent.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.